GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a dyno with the torq's installed. I read several weeks ago of someone going to have it done but I have not heard anything else.
Just wondering.
allan

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I guess no one has dyno'ed one yet huh ??

I had mine on a dyno when I first got it, all stock, and it was 103 HP and 109 ft/lb but it was a new machine and I don't think it was calibrated right LOL

·
Registered
989 Posts
KA,

I had our Wing on the dyno... the numbers came up as 98 hp and 104 torque... considering it was something like the 15th pull the dyno had ever done, I've my doubts as well.... then again, it honestly doesn't matter... 800# plus of bike and it lifts the front wheel off the ground with ease... enough for me....

·
Registered
78 Posts
IIRC they noted that the few extra horses was pretty good consider the cost of entry. Most performance improvements cost more and return fewer extra horses for the investment (or a smaller $-to-HP ratio).

Performance mods are typically about small incriments that, when added together, help the total. But performance costs cash. Always has and always will.

·
Registered
989 Posts
In as much as I've been all over the Wing's engine, Honda built one very faithful, strong and durable engine... If you want more out of this flat six you would have to cast new heads suitable for 4 valves, get rid of all the bends in the induction system, couple the pipes so as to scavenge the cylinders (tuned) and lift the injection system off the Rune... it would be a beginning.... now comes the ignition, maps, downloads, etc... not a simple project...

Who has an overly stuffed pocket vault? I'll get started...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wild Bill said:
In as much as I've been all over the Wing's engine, Honda built one very faithful, strong and durable engine... If you want more out of this flat six you would have to cast new heads suitable for 4 valves, get rid of all the bends in the induction system, couple the pipes so as to scavenge the cylinders (tuned) and lift the injection system off the Rune... it would be a beginning.... now comes the ignition, maps, downloads, etc... not a simple project...

Who has an overly stuffed pocket vault? I'll get started...
yep. performance costs. the engine mapping can be done relatively cheaply (for performance mods) with the addition of a Power Commander and some dyno time. But usually you're working on mapping after mods to intake and exhaust, to fine tune the other mods. A lot of well-designed factory motors benefit from remapping primarily as a function of throttle response and smoothing out that response across the range. Again, for the cash invested, the improvements seen from the installation of a Torque Monster or like product are not too bad.

Is it any wonder the average Wingster adds 200-300 pounds of chrome instead of focusing on performance?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts