GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the International MC Show in Seattle on Friday. It bigger than ever. My feet were killing me when I got done. Too many new bikes to look at. They wouldn't let us sit on the Concours 14 but it looked great. Then I stumbled into the Dunlop booth. I cornered the rep so I could get some answers. I have had a front tire on order since August. I've been patiently waiting but I was about to change brands.
I asked the status on the strike. The rep told me there was no end to the strike. He had been to Buffalo where the tires are made. He said it was sad because the factory guys didn't want to strike. They were just doing what the union wanted. He told me the few management people were filling in but they could never catch up with demand. He said I might see a tire someday but most likely it go to a east coast supplier before it made it to Seattle.
I told him I didn't want to be rude but I had to ask why Dunlop had a booth if they couldn't get tires. He went on to say the E-3 is one of the few made in Buffalo. Most Dunlop MC tires are made elsewhere and are still being made. I had to leave town after the show. I just got back today and my tire is in.
If you're still waiting for your tire. Go to a MC show and talk to the rep. You'll have a tire the next day. It worked for me. I just don't know how he got my name.

Lloyd
2002 GL1800A

·
Registered
246 Posts
lloyd,

a new mystery for you to investigate. how did they get your name?hmmmm.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I heard there is a guy named "Luther" nickname "Bulldog" in New York who is hording all the E3's. His plan is to keep hording them until demand gets so high and the supply of tires gets so tight. Then he will release them a few at a time for $500 each tire. After this time his new address will be in Molokai Hawaii. What have the rest of you heard?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts