GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are running Dunlop Elite 3's front and rear on a GL1800, do you still use the pressure recommendation on the trunk lid label or something different? I know some responses will say it depends on the load, so I'm basically asking about 2-up ( neither of us lightweights), loaded for a trip with trailer.

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
For general riding, many riders seem to settle on a higher pressure than what Honda recommends. Regardless the make of the MC tire, 41/41 front and rear seems popular.

prs

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Check the Dulop website

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My Experience

I have run many a set of Dunlop E3s over the past 7 years on my Wing and I've always ran with 42 psi in rear and 38-40 in the front and have had no problems and enjoyed the ride. I've averaged about 12K on a set. I keep the same pressure when two up but I do not pull a trailer. I now mix tires and run a Bridgestone 709 on the front with a E3 on the back and like that combination.

Donnie

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Honda's recommend PSI is already the max cold PSI stamped on the side of those E3s. So while Honda recommends a softer 36psi front, Dunlop recommends the max cold PSI for the front (41psi).

If you are running Dunlop Elite 3's front and rear on a GL1800, do you still use the pressure recommendation on the trunk lid label or something different? I know some responses will say it depends on the load, so I'm basically asking about 2-up ( neither of us lightweights), loaded for a trip with trailer.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
My last set of E-3's went 18k with perfectly even wear side-to-side, little tread deformation, and always good grip and excellent turn-in characteristics. I ride solo in a "gentleman's sport-touring" style, and weigh 285.

Based on my conversations with Dunlop and fellow E-3 users, and the recommendation of the service manager of the local Honda dealer, I keep my pressures up:

41F 43R

enjoy:thumbup: :biker:

·
Registered
2019 Tour DCT
154 Posts
tire pressure - E-3s

Have run several sets of E-3s on the wing and have had good luck with 38 on the front and 41 on the rear. I run mostly single and have gotten about 12-14 K on the rear and over 18K on the front.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Have run several sets of E-3s on the wing and have had good luck with 38 on the front and 41 on the rear. I run mostly single and have gotten about 12-14 K on the rear and over 18K on the front.
When I ran E3s I kept the pressure at 41/41. Got +/-18k miles.
Of course, they sang loudly as the miles rolled on....

I currently run 32psi in my rear tire (not an E3) and it handles like a dream.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts