GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ? Thanks to a member on this board I was saved a BIG headache !
Someone posted a message not long ago about an e-bay scam, requesting information about your account and to update your balance etc. It gave links and everything. Well being a little computer savy, and remembering the post ? I forwarded the message to e-bay and sure as $hit it was a scam. Soooooooo a BIG thanks to whomever you were. You saved my bacon. I realize this might not belong on the General Board, But there are people out there that might not be as leary and as lucky as I was to read the scam post in the first place. So thats why I'm putting it here ! Sooo everyone ? Be careful out there ! It's a Jungle.
And thanks again for the original Posting !.............. :yes2:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Ill think thrice before I deal with them corny emails.................. hey everyone getting those crappy emails..... something along the lines of ............... Hello my name is jamil kabadoodoo and im the prince of wonderland I have a billion bucks........can i put it in your account??? I always tell em to put the cash in a box and mail it by fed ex to me, Frank Brian Indigo (FBI) for short anytown, usa. so far no mail............ damn

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yep Mike that was a good one alright, I almost remember who posted it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hey Mike, I have this bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you are interested....LOL

Good Look out Mike.

Dawg

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
one little hint on ebay or paypal emails.

they will never address you as dear ebay user, always by your name.

heres a number to address any concerns, i have been a power seller for a while and this is the gold power sellers hotline number. dont tell anyone where you got it from. an actual person will answer, and becasue they think your a power seller, help with your concerns.

1--801--545--2804

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Just goes to prove that a little common sense (however uncommon it is in today's world) still goes a long way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts