GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding an E/C Amp and the Honda dealer put new J&M speakers in when I bought the bike. Lewis at E/C said he didn't have an experience with his amp running J&M speakers. I would hate to have to change out these almost new speakers in my 2005.

Anyone have an experience or comments about using the J&M speakers???

·
Registered
19,314 Posts
I have the EC amp-it is good
I changed out the speakers to Polks and I am happy
I think my stockers were JMs
the amp will improve the JMs I think
I changed both at the same time
Get the amp
upgrade the speakers latter if you want more

·
Registered
705 Posts
A speaker is a speaker, the 01-05 have 3 ohm speakers which is what J&M std replacement speakers (100Watts 3 Ohm) are. Most speaker replacements that you buy are 4 Ohm Speakers which require more to drive them.

I added Alpine 150W 4 Ohms, ended up taking them out, the OEM speakers sound better. In the spring I am going to get the J&M 100W 3 ohms for the front. I think they are around $69.00 and are made to replace the GW OEM speaker 01-05

The 06 has an 85W system where the 01-05 have a 35W system with 15W 3 ohm, speakers

·
Registered
10 Posts
J&M speakers

I installed the newest version of J&M speakers in my 01. Before hand I talked to them regarding the amp. They told me do not power through an amp it is not required. I installed all four and the sound couldn't be better. My tone deaf wife (who didn't know that I changed them) asked the next she rode asked what I had done to the stereo because it sounded so much better.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Here is a question,

I have four speakers. OEM in the front and I think Big Bike in the back. Does the J&M speakers fit both enclosures. I know it fits the front how about the rear. If So, all 4 will be replaced in the spring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts