GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little assistance please. I am installing the E/C led 10 watt lights. I want to be able to run them on hi or lo beams. That part I can not find in the instructions. There is a round push on connector on the lights. On the pigtails ( I will call them pigtails because I don't know any better) there is a pound push on connector and a spade connector and a female spade connector. I do not know where these pigtails go. Any help would be appreciated please.

Thank you.
Joe in Redding

·
Registered
679 Posts
I need a little assistance please. I am installing the E/C led 10 watt lights. I want to be able to run them on hi or lo beams. That part I can not find in the instructions. There is a round push on connector on the lights. On the pigtails ( I will call them pigtails because I don't know any better) there is a pound push on connector and a spade connector and a female spade connector. I do not know where these pigtails go. Any help would be appreciated please.

Thank you.
Joe in Redding
They won't run on high Beam without major mods, as there are relays in between the switch and the power lead that goes to the + side of the light. The power draw when high beams on is offset by shutting down the Cowl lights. Cars operate the same way. You will need to run a direct feed to the light from the battery if you want it on all the time, through the switch.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Are you talking about cowl lights? Do you want them alwayson? If you do just utilize the panel switch that comes with them and leave it on all the time. It is bad business to wire them so they stay on all of the time with no means to shut them off anyway. If you do not have the OEM switch that fits in the left panel EC sells that also. Really not complicated at all.

·
Registered
698 Posts
As said above, contact Lewis directly. Everybody says he's a stand up guy and will go the extra mile to help you out.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
And make sure you CALL.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called today and spoke to EC tech. He told me all that I needed to know. Lights are installed and working the way they should. All is good in Northern California.

Joe in Redding

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I called today and spoke to EC tech. He told me all that I needed to know. Lights are installed and working the way they should. All is good in Northern California.

Joe in Redding
That's great. See how easy that was? They do know their stuff.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are configured at EC so that they will operate on hi or lo beams. If you hook them up to the horn, when you use the horn they will strobe for about two seconds. I like that for safety reasons.

Joe in Redding

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
?..If you hook them up to the horn, when you use the horn they will strobe for about two seconds. I like that for safety reasons.....
That is a good idea. :bow: Wish I had thunk it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts