GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tested these? Responce from company for info.

Thank you for your interest in E3 Spark Plugs. The replacement is our E3.64.

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to contact me.

Chris LaCouture
Quality Control Engineer
E3 Spark Plugs
[email protected]

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
E3 64

• Near elimination of performance inhibiting carbon deposits, dramatically longer plug life and a 5-year/100,000 mile limited warranty
  • DiamondFire electrode technology that creates a superior spark and resulting flame front extending further into the cylinder, producing more localized pressure
  • Significant potential power increase: > 6% to 12% (depending on engine class)
  • Significant potential fuel efficiency improvement: > 4% to 13% (depending on engine class)
  • Drastic potential emissions reduction when used in 2 and 4-stroke engines (after 50 hours): 58% CO emissions reduction, 42% hydrocarbon reduction

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
What have you been smoking?

What? You don't think that a Wing can get 10-20 more HP just by changing the spark plugs?:shrug:

You know what? I don't either! :joke:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have the E3 plugs in my 04. Don't feel any difference in power. I plan to run about 20 tanks of fuel to see if the mileage changes. Too early yet for any comments.

Wayne

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Serious tuners index spark plugs so the ground post does not shadow the spark from the incoming fuel charge. Along comes E3's with three ground posts!!! Hey, why not just totally enclose the spark and protect it from the incoming charge. Nice try, but I will stick with tried and true technology in this case. Also if you check the auto blogs, very very few have anything good to say about this Ronco special.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
About the the only time one notices a marked improvement in performance when changing spark plugs is when the old plugs are REALLY old, and are worn so far open that they are misfiring or are fouled.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Anyone tested these?
Yes I have used them for about a year. I changed them out a couple of months or so ago. They where still in great condition. Did I notice any increase in fuel mileage. No. Did I notice any increase in HP. No. What I did notice was that my bike had been pinging at higher elevations and after putting the E3's in it stopped. Was it the E3's that did this? I doubt it very much. Just new plugs.

My 2 cents Worth on them is that yes they are a good plug but no better than NGK's which is what I put back in when I changed them.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
What? You don't think that a Wing can get 10-20 more HP just by changing the spark plugs?:shrug:

You know what? I don't either! :joke:
Heck, I got that much more horsepower by changing to E3 tires; soon I will see how much extra horsepower I get with the new (as not seen on TV and not available in stores everywhere) E3 crush washers. ;)

·
0 Posts
Tuners

Serious Tuners index plugs so that open gap is facing piston. This is done in mostly in racing v-8s so that open side faces piston to allow spark to go striaght down on compressed fuel/air. This does make 5 to 10% hp increase. As far as the pancake 6cyl wing engine I can not see it making much differance.:lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Expensive crap...

that does nothing for your bike that OEM doesn't already do. This can go in the same crap pile as iridium plugs, K&N filters, and anything Kuryakyn. Save your money and buy OEM. Your wallet will thank you.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
I found that when you get my power amp upgrade, you not only get a significant increase in audio power, but engine horsepower increases by 6-12%, depending on the speakers you have installed. And you can fine tune the ECM for more efficient launches and less wheel spin off the line by adjusting the bass control to match the grip of your tires. ;)

Right now I'm working on an upgrade to reduce the intercom noise. Preliminary testing has shown that it also increases the Wing's lean angle by 5 degrees.

(Hey, it they can do it, so can I) :lol:

And here I thought the aftermarket muffler claims were overzealous.

·
Vendor
17,403 Posts
About the the only time one notices a marked improvement in performance when changing spark plugs is when the old plugs are REALLY old, and are worn so far open that they are misfiring or are fouled.
:agree: ... or in an invironment where they are not firing well. A plug will only pull from the coil what is needed to jump the gap. Just like a starter only pulls its needed amps from the batterry. The idea is to keep the spark plug's enviroment a healthy one. Replacing the air filter when required and spark plugs when required and valve adjustments when required.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use them and I am getting about 25 more miles per tankful. Not sure about the additional power. I don't push the engine that hard and I drive highway to and from work mostly. I used them before on my Victory Vision and noticed slightly better idling versus the OEM. V-twins tend to rumble so anything that helped vibration at idle was what I sought. E-3s did the trick for me so I stick with them now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts