GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, Have any of you switched to the stick-on transponders for E470? For motorcycles, they tell you to mount it on the headlight (probably because that's the only place available for many bikes). It could be mounted there, on the windshield like a car or???? I'm leaning toward the windshield and the only thing really holding me back is the removal, should that ever become necessary.

What have you done?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are you talking about a easy pass. I stuck mine in the back trunk were you would mount the OEM trunk light. It's a molded in square and it fits perfect.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about a easy pass. I stuck mine in the back trunk were you would mount the OEM trunk light. It's a molded in square and it fits perfect.
It's functionally the same, but not the square, plastic transponder I believe you're referring to. I've had one of those on he Wing for years but I'm switching out to the sticker. It's a very small plastic sticker with a tiny transponder, smaller than a dime, imbedded.

2,732 Posts
Where?

I ignored the instructions because when DOT thinks of motorcycles I believe they only think Harley's with one headlight so I put mine on the lower left side of my windshield and it works fine.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ignored the instructions because when DOT thinks of motorcycles I believe they only think Harley's with one headlight so I put mine on the lower left side of my windshield and it works fine.
And that's my current plan as well, CD. Taking it off would be ugly, but that still seems as though it would be the best place.

·
Registered
401 Posts
new device?

So there is a new device?
I keep the big old transponder in my pocket when I go up there.
I will go out and look it up. If it's RF there is no need to stick it on.
...gene

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Great minds think alike, CD. I have mine on the lower left windshield, too. I don't think it will be a problem to remove, anyway, I'm not going to fret about it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Put some kind of sticker first that would be removable and then put the pass on top of that. When you take it off the bottom sticker will come with everything intact.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mines on my windshield. I didn't think about wanting to change out to a shorter shield in the summer, but I think I am this year (Tulsa tall is hot here in Texas). I guess I will find out if it is easy to get off. Otherwise I will peel it off and get a new one and put it somewhere else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts