GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the conservative guy that I am, I have not, and probably will not, opt to wear an ear ring. I am curious about what prompts guys (mostly my age and older) to wear an ear ring. I do not pass judgement on those who do, but I will say that, still, when I see a man wearing an ear ring, my attention is drawn to it, rather than to the person. Kinda like poney tails on guys. Perhaps I could be considered old fashioned, but I prefer to see both men and women as they are naturally rather than with do dads that distract from their natural attractiveness. :chat:

This thought came to mind after WOTS where I saw many Goldwing riders with ear rings and poney tails, so I guess it earns a spot here on the General Message Board. :D

BTW, I know that lots of young people wear them, but they are doing it in their youthful attempt to be fashionable or different, I guess.

·
15 year Member
6,932 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
Being the conservative guy that I am, I have not, and probably will not, opt to wear an ear ring. I am curious about what prompts guys (mostly my age and older) to wear an ear ring. I do not pass judgement on those who do, but I will say that, still, when I see a man wearing an ear ring, my attention is drawn to it, rather than to the person. Kinda like poney tails on guys. Perhaps I could be considered old fashioned, but I prefer to see both men and women as they are naturally rather than with do dads that distract from their natural attractiveness. :chat:

This thought came to mind after WOTS where I saw many Goldwing riders with ear rings and poney tails, so I guess it earns a spot here on the General Message Board. :D

BTW, I know that lots of young people wear them, but they are doing it in their youthful attempt to be fashionable or different, I guess.

INFIDELS!!!!!! THE ONLY RING WE HAVE IS RING AROUND THE COLLAR!!! No ring in tub due to lack of hygiene!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
LOL!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Subject: Want to know why men started to wear earrings?

A man is at work one day when he notices that his coworker is wearing an ear
ring. This man knows his coworker to be a normally conservative fellow, and
is
curious about his sudden change in "fashion sense."

The man walks up to him and says, "I didn't know you were into earrings."

"Don't make such a big deal, it's only an earring," he replies sheepishly.

His friend falls silent for a few minutes, but then his curiosity prods him
to say, "So, how long have you been wearing one?"

"Ever since my wife found it in my truck.."

Personally I have BOTH ears pierced....

·
Registered
244 Posts
WHAT ! U don't have an ear ring ? But i thought all bikers had ear rings. Now ive got to go take these things MY wife put in my ear out and cut my pony tail off.

And to think I looked guddddd. LOL

Ya know. When I pull up and see some middleaged man with a POT belly and a john deer hat on with His hair cut so short you could sand a board down with it, I don't pass judgement. But I wonder why men don't ware there hair like in biblical days ? You know. LONG . Strange how some cut there hair so short to keep from lookin like us bums and walk into the church and worship a man with long hair. OOOPS, Did I say that ? :lol: All in fun All in fun.

·
Registered
244 Posts
:22yikes: EASY EASY. I was just funnin. HEY ! SHort hair, long hair. pony tail , no tail , some hair, no hair , wanting to have hair, did have hair , planting hair . stick on hair , Accessarize or not to accessarize . I don't care. Let's go ridin :biker:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BlackGold said:
As Popeye said. "I yam what I yam !"

Are cops allowed to wear ear rings while on duty?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Just a symbol of non conformity for some people,I suppose.
Pirates,gypsies,tramps & theives all wore 'em,or so I've been told.
I really don't pay too much attention to what other dudes are wearin.
Funny how people trying to be different,all wind up looking the same. :roll:
Personally, I never could get the left/ right thing straight.
the hobo

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
BlackGold said:
As Popeye said. "I yam what I yam !"

Are cops allowed to wear ear rings while on duty?
When I was with the Indianapolis PD (retired 1999) they could not. Cited reason I believe was safety.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Don't wear no earrings. But if it makes you happy wear away. I am an old fart of 49 and had long hair in the day. And I would probably have an earring if I was young. On my left ear. In fact I am thinking about getting some ink done, you only live once :D :shock: :evil:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:

A bunch of guys, mostly overweight and in their 50s and 60s and you want to see us as we are naturally. I sure wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Earrings,EARRINGS? Real men don't wear no stinkin' earrings!!
Ever see THE DUKE,MITCHUM,MCQUEEN,GENE or ROY,with one?
huh.huh,HUH?
That'd be the day!!! :shock:
the hobo

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Ear rings, nose studs, tongue bars, etc...to each his own.

What gets me is the bald (or almost bald) guys with a pony tail...it just don't look right... :?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My youngest son once asked me if he could have an earring like his friend Bobby. I said "sure, but it will hurt more coming out than it did going in." He never got an ear ring. Then in college he wanted a tatoo. I said "sure" and showed him my check book and how fast it could close. He's now 26 and does not have an ear ring or a tatoo to this day. See, kids can learn by the positive influence of a roll model. :lol:

Id say the most influencing factor for men wearing ear rings is "the women."

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
If you must wear one, don't forget: "Right is wrong, and left is right". Of course that depends if you are heterosexual, reverse if you're one of the other type. :lol:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I always make it a point to compliment the guys I know with earings. It's funny some of the reactions you get.....

No earings for me..... but to each thier own.....

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dunno about Football players, but i guess it might infer a Baseball player to be a "switch hitter". :D
the hobo

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh Sorry!!
I thought you said Ears ring! :lol:

1 - 20 of 153 Posts