GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a earbud / mic combo available on the market or similar product for the Goldwing for purpose of listening to music and passenger communication? By the way I use the half helmets exclusively.

I have seen the IMC headsets, though very practical it may affect the use of wearing sunglasses...any thoughts? Thanks

G

·
I.M., I have a set of the IMC headsets that I tried with my half helmet but maybe it's the shape of my head or my ears but after about half hour I have to get them off. I do wear glasses and they start to hurt after a short time. The sound was OK but I couldn't put up the the pain. I don't know of any mic/earbud combo but I will be watching to see if somebody comes up with something.

Tom

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spitzer said:
I.M., I have a set of the IMC headsets that I tried with my half helmet but maybe it's the shape of my head or my ears but after about half hour I have to get them off. I do wear glasses and they start to hurt after a short time. The sound was OK but I couldn't put up the the pain. I don't know of any mic/earbud combo but I will be watching to see if somebody comes up with something.

Tom
Thanks Tom...I did take note of that when another Winger brought it to my attention...I too wear glasses and at times even the helmet strap starts to bind my ear and glasses...I could just imagine another obstacle in the way.
Anyhow I'll keep looking to see if anyone chimes in with any idea or rig to this dilemma...as they say "necessity is the mother of all creation"...

Have a Merry Christmas... :xmas1:

G

·
The only thing I ever found that might hold speakers are from Sierra called PODS. They are made to hold the speakers in a half helmet. Don't know if they will press against your ears. I ordered a set of HJC half helmets from Sierra with the headphones installed but, like you said the speakers were too low. I returned them but they never mentioned the PODS or I may have tried them. I found them some time later. Here's the link to Sierra.
http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SEER%2DEAR

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts