GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the storm that just passed, reported over 100,000 people without power. Left the Time Warp about 10 minutes to late and got caught in the first wave but made it home before the second one with all the wind that took out the power. Now, burning off the laptop battery with air card.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I got caught in the 2nd one hid behind a concrete colum under a bridge on I40. The whole interstate stopped big trucks and all. I have been in some storms but this was the worst. I saw the storm coming about 1/4 mile down interstate but it hit as i got under the bridge. No time to do anything but just jump behind the round post. I thought it was going to pull me out of there. Sure was a helpless feeling:eek:4::eek:4::eek:4:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Power Back

We just got power back on about an hour ago Duck. Lost it about 8 last night. Glad to hear you and Wimp made it home OK.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I went to the Knox. UPS today on the way back from Newport. The hub was running on a generater (huge) they rented. They could not run a midnight sort last night and had 64 trailers that they could not unload. The package car drivedrs were on a paper clipboard (old school) because they could not upload the computer clipboards which will be a nightmare.
I was surprized to see the power was out from there (Calahan Rd) all the way past the scales on I40. Hope things get back to normal soon.

Ken

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Campbell Station road is still closed and I still have no power. Tonight, I am camping out at Baymount Inn! LOL Hopefully tomorrow sometime, we will get the road opened and power back.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Power outages

If your out of power don't bitch to much just remember that the men out their trying to get your power back on don't like your power off anymore than you do. I know because i'm one of them. We get bitch on and a lot more and there is not a thing we can do but look and find the problem and it may take a hour or a day but cut us some slack we can only do what we can do. Most people think that all you have to do is flit a switch but that just doesn't happen. That all I have to say.:doorag:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roky, didn't mean to sound like I was b-tchin, just conversation!! Thanks to all out there in the weather trying to find and fix the electrical stuff. :thumbup:
I sure would not have wanted to have been out in the weather working especially with electrcity!! :22yikes: I know the local power company has done a tremendous amount of work in a short time to try and get everyone back online. Our power came back on about midnight last evening.

Just 2 days without power, no big deal after seeing what happened to our neighbors in Alabama a few weeks back!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I Agree

:agree:with what osduck said in his last post. Nobodies bitchin' just a conversation. Chillout already!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts