GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i have made several posts about trying to figure out how to get my phone on the handlebars so i can control Pandora and other music type apps without having to pull over or if i needed to read a text i can just pull over and read it i don't have to get off the bike go in the trunk which is a hassle.

I tested this product for the company and I just wanted to share with you guys the easy solution to have Bluetooth on the bike here is a link to their blog that shows it hooked up on my bike.

http://www.coolstream.co/index.php/...cessory-connects-speakers-to-phone-wirelessly

Also i found that it works awesome for my car / home stereo / garage stereo. I just plug the Duo into my stereo then i don't have to leave my phone by the stereo i can keep it by me so i can answer messages.

I hope this helps you guys out.

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
not 100 % sure on this but think on i 5 you can have voice text so you dont have to read ?? i know you can talk to text. not sure on receive. so this will put out bluetooth thru bikes speakers or just to headset in helmet ?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This seems pretty cool... so my next question is... can I be connected "live" to two bluetooth devices at once (not just paired)?

In my situation, I use my Garmin 665 as my communications "Hub". So my music comes from the Garmin's XM function or an SD card, and my phone calls get routed through it via bluetooth.

Now... I've run two sets of cables into the left pocket. One that comes off my phone if I want to listen to streaming music from Pandora or my phones music library, and of course the one from the Garmin. I have to manually plug and unplug one to have access to the other, but 99% of the time, I just keep it hooked up to the Garmin.

I'm pretty sure that you can only connect to one bluetooth device at one time... but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Now... I've run two sets of cables into the left pocket. One that comes off my phone if I want to listen to streaming music from Pandora or my phones music library, and of course the one from the Garmin. I have to manually plug and unplug one to have access to the other, but 99% of the time, I just keep it hooked up to the Garmin.
Here you are - works great. You can stick it to the inside of the glove box and just switch.

http://electronicsusa.com/mk1and2.html

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
voice

I don't see a way to get your voice to the system. I have bought an LG throat mic with ear buds. It will blue tooth to two sources, but only one can be two-way. It did work in the car with my android moto-X and my Garmin 765. I was particularly interested in being able to stream music and make and receive phone calls, which it did, but it also allowed me to voice command the GPS app that is in the phone. I haven't tried this on the bike yet, but I'm pretty sure it will work.

Richard

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Got an Altoids tin??
abstereo.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts