GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my low beams is way out compared to the other side. I looked in the service manual and it says you gotta remove all this crap. I can look up from the front and see one of the adjusting screws but not the other. Has anybody found an easy way to do this? Lewis...........??????????????

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
You are on teh correct path; Pardner! You can reach the adjusters by reaching up throguh the tunnels on both sides. They usually turn by finger pressure, but either a socket or hex key can be used if needed. With the electric adjsuter, do not forget to allow for aim variations due to different rear ride heights heavy two-up or light one-up and leave a bit of extra down set to accomodate foggy drives

prs

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found those suckers last night. I believe I have it aimed right now. It was way off. Thanks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
That seems to be a problem on a lot of '02's and some '03's but I haven't seem many later models out of adjustment. Luckilyl they are easy to correct.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent ridden mine at night yet. I did put it up against my garage door and it appears to be pretty good. However my driveway is not perfectly level.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My '06 had the left pointing way down low, and the right one a little high. Was an easy fix, thanks to this board!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts