GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Oark General Store for great pies, and good burgers,etc. Rivertown BBQ in Ozark. Usually have ribs and stuff at Rivertown, then pie in Oark...but at times the order is reversed.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Phil,

The Oxford is a dump, and so is the ozark inn and suites a couple blocks down the street

I would suggest the Days inn, across from Loves, where ar215 crosses I-40, its pretty new, and is not the typical old style Days inn, this one is nice and clean. It is about 1 1/2 miles north of the downtown square.

For a little more $$, the lodge at Mt Magazine is real nice. Its nice to have a room that overlooks the valley. Or just stop in for an ice tea and soak up some view inside, or out on the patio.

Alma has a nice catfish place, The catfish Hole.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phil,

The Oxford is a dump, and so is the ozark inn and suites a couple blocks down the street

I would suggest the Days inn, across from Loves, where ar215 crosses I-40, its pretty new, and is not the typical old style Days inn, this one is nice and clean. It is about 1 1/2 miles north of the downtown square.

For a little more $$, the lodge at Mt Magazine is real nice. Its nice to have a room that overlooks the valley. Or just stop in for an ice tea and soak up some view inside, or out on the patio.

Alma has a nice catfish place, The catfish Hole.

Enjoy
Thanks for the info. I had booked at the oxford because on the days inn website showed full i called days inn just now and was able to get a room. Don't know if it was a screw up or not.

Say,how you been feeling ?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.001055,-84.162054

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Say,how you been feeling ?
Glad you got squared up at Days Inn. Enjoy your trip.

Im feeling pretty decent and making nice progress. The adult wellness center has done wonders for me with all the machines to work out on. I usually hit it 5 days a week.

I had a Hospital day on Tuesday, had to go into the ct scanner again, they tapped my chest and drained an absess pocket. Boy howdy did that not feel goodly. It most likely did the trick, if not, then they need a real surgery to solve the issue.

Im looking foward to the tempatures to drop, so I can get the bluey trike out. It hasnt seen many miles lately, since it is too hot for me to cruise around. June, july and august are not my favorite riding weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts