GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a message I just received, concerning an auction that I was involved in (buying). This is Ebays way of saying FRAUD!

Dear Luther A Hitt (XXXXXX.com),

The following listing:

3062083137 - NEW Garmin StreetPilot 2610 Deluxe

was removed by eBay because a member of our Verified Right Owner (VeRO) Program notified eBay that the listing potentially infringes its copyright, trademark or other rights. We strongly urge you not to complete this transaction.

You can get more information on the VeRO Program at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/p ... ro-ov.html

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this issue.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
you are so correct.

There are really no *real* protections at ebay.

A couple of net friends recently got nailed by the "update your ebay account " emails.

Look and read! If you are unsure..... move on!

·
Registered
810 Posts
eBay,

I don't think eBay is dying, I just think users need to use extreme caution and buy through something like PayPal with buyer's insurance.

I've been part of eBay for years, maybe four or so, it's been that long and a member of PayPal since they opened.

I've only gotten ripped on two transactions, out of hundreds. One of them actually turned out to be such a major shipping screw up that I got my money back, but then the product actually arrived, but I returned it. The other was a surprise. A DVD, $19. guy simply went out of business but buyer's insurance got me $18.99 back so it wasn't too bad.

Will I still buy, sure, but you have to know how to read the feedback properly and be cautious.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Re: eBay,

mcallery said:
I don't think eBay is dying, I just think users need to use extreme caution and buy through something like PayPal with buyer's insurance.
Isn't there a rather low dollar limit on the buyer's insurance?

·
Registered
810 Posts
eBay

re: dollar limit

You know, I'm not entirely sure. I can tell you I just made a $515. purchase on eBay and was able to buy insurance for it.

There is also something, forget the name, that allows both parties to send payment and the item to them and once received, they forward the items. It allows for a mediator to receive the items and make sure its a legit deal.

On the other side, with utmost respect to people on this board and elsewhere, anyone who is sending off thousands of dollars for something like a bike needs to get their head examined anyway. I'm sorry for anyone who gets nailed, but sometimes some of the stories of who gets taken almost make me laugh at the stupidity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts