GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here we go again

It took Ebay a couple of hours to remove mine, But the seller is still trying to sell it. It is really getting hard to trust Ebay, it only hurts the real sellers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
EBay scams....

I've used EBay for a good 5 years or so....in that time I've seen it go from a friendly, "help me clear this out of my garage/house" type sales thing to everything from penny stuff to major purchase items.

The biggest thing I've noticed in this time is EBay's making it harder to contact someone if you see/have a problem. Ever tried to report a scam auction? I have - used to be pretty easy - now it's screen after screen of hoops ta jump through. It's almost not worth the hassle - which, in my opinion, is their goal. I see them viewing scams as just part of the "cost of doing business", and handling those issues are, to them, not worth the cost.

Just mah li'l ol' .02 worth.........

·
Registered
27 Posts
So true

They were not helpful at all. When I call them to report the scam, They told me to contact the seller.??? After about 15 mins they told me to contact there fruad division. I'm still waiting for an answer. :(

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Usually, the old addage ...If its too good to be true, .......
works with ebay auctions. I am at the point that I
always look over the past feedback, then won't touch
anything without the Paypal added buyer protection
logo in the header, which means they have over 50 sales.
On major purchases, I will check the buyers ID for the
phone number and call that number. Sure is a lot of
checking, but so far, I've been lucky.

But, like was said, used to be good, but now it is becoming
a good place to get ripped off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BrianStapleton said:
Good Afternoon;

I'm new to this ebay stuff, how can I spot a scam? I was thinking about selling my 94 wing on Ebay, should I stear clear of Ebay?

Thanks
Brian
[email protected]
As a seller, beware of anyone who wants to close the deal outside of Ebay. There have also been some scams where the purchaser wants to give you a check for more than your price and have you give them back the difference. Of course the check is no good so the sell is out the item and some cash.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ebay Scam

A good friend of mine in AL. wanted to buy his first motorcycle. Having been a Harley Owner back in the Eighties I tried to steer him towards a GoldWing. He is his own man and decided on a 2001 Harley Ultra Classic on Ebay. He found one of those once in a life time deals, "IT COST HIM 3000 DOLLARS" up front for a SECURITY DEPOSIT. TURN OUT TO BE A SHAM. He contacted the FBI and was told SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK, LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts