GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got on ebay 20 min ago ,and someone has my trike that I bought last month from Liberty Trikes,FOR SALE "buy in Now" for 2900.00 free shipping,I about fell on the floor,I've i'll ready contacted Liberty trike and informed them about this SCAM.
Item number: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :IT&ih=008

just found another one that I don't own(above) 05,free shipping,buy it now 4500.00,where living in a sick world,evil all around,but I guess that's our Realilty sad but true.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=015

one more

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I just sent him an e-mail asking where the trike was located so I could see it.

By the way Steve...how do you like the DFT? When my time comes that will be my choice. PM me if you wish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WB0SPL said:
I just sent him an e-mail asking where the trike was located so I could see it.

By the way Steve...how do you like the DFT? When my time comes that will be my choice. PM me if you wish.

I've got a Motor Trike,and I like it alot,I'm a Bike,and now a Trike guy too,I like quite a few of the "Trike Kits" that are available ,so much so that I've got my "Dealer" OK for here in the Portland area,I've been working on Street bike and Drag bike's for about 30 years now,if it's got 2 wheels or 3 wheels I can find something I like about it. :D

I

·
0 Posts
There is a fool born every minute and the scammers know it.

If it looks too good to be true, it is.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Late last year one of our posters sent this to our group. His hobby is bantering back and forth with the boys from Nigeria. It is so funny and unbelievable how he strings them along and they won't give up wanting him to sent them money...

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/index.html

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
WOW, what bargain. $4,500 for a $24,000+ trike. I see he is new to ebay and this is his first item for sale. He just signed up last Friday. If you let eBay know, they will delete the ad.

This looks like a good deal and as soon as I get my $8,500,000 from Abdula El Kawanis for helping him get his $50,000,000 out of Nigera, I will buy this jewel. I wish he would hurry with the money, I have only been waiting 3 1/2 years for it...do you think it will come? Perhaps the $10,000 in good faith money I sent him was not enough...I will send another $5,000...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've reported 4 scams on bikes today,1 of 4 has been pulled so far

George,it's going to be in the low 20's this week here in Portland,could you send me 5000.00 so I can fill up my oil tank? :D

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Reporting scam auctions is really easy; just go to the bottom of the auction and click on "report this item."

I wish I had the time to play with these scammers... like the ebola monkey man. That site is hilarious.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I find an average of 8-10 scammers a week on ebay trying to sell goldwings or trikes for 5 times less then market value.....

I make it a mission to report em.... :twisted: Some times it takes a few hours to a day to get the ad off...

Most have that free shipping and preapproved requirement. I have seen a lot of those pictures already on ebay from previous sells...Think they call em spoofs...where they hijack your page or copy it or something like that....

May a thousand hornets invade em!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
FireEater says: I make it a mission to report em.... Some times it takes a few hours to a day to get the ad off...

Good show, Fire Eater!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Oregun Steve - - that guy is probably makin' a good livin' sellin' your trike over and over !!! - - and - - you still get to ride it everyday :D

That trike is a win win machine !! :p

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Steve, the $5,000 is in the mail. Please sign the loan paper and return it. I think the 22% interest compounded semi-daily is fair.

For all. I wish to change my filter and not my oil with every filter change. IF I remove the filter without draining the oil, will I have a big mess, like all four quarts draining out on my barn floor? I use Mobil 1 synthetic and would like to change the filter +/- 4K and the oil and filter at 8K. What mess am I looking at?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Oregun Steve, your trike is back on e-bay. 280072484770 Guess that guy will never learn. 8)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
George,Thanks for the 5K just got it today,and just in time too,my bikes back on EBAY and I'm can get it Today for 4K ,I knew Ipaid too much :banghead:

Wannabe, where else can you buy 4) Wings for under 20K and with FREE SHIPPING it's a no brainer :a13:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gary Archer said:
Hey Oregun Steve - - that guy is probably makin' a good livin' sellin' your trike over and over !!! - - and - - you still get to ride it everyday :D

That trike is a win win machine !! :p

I guess "YELLOW" is a good color to sell over and over,I am however confused how this guy keeps ,sneaking into my shop,and Selling it right out from under neath my nose and if you've seen my nose ,this guy is "GOOD" :yes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Steve, I don't know where else, and you can even buy some 2 wheelers from the same individual for ridiculously low prices. I knew it was your bike when I saw it, because I was watching the sale when you bought it. Not bidding, just watching. :lol: I don't know how these people keep posting these items, apparently e-bay does not pay attention to anything except their fees.

Live to ride, ride to live.

Later 8)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wannabe said:
Steve, I don't know where else, and you can even buy some 2 wheelers from the same individual for ridiculously low prices. I knew it was your bike when I saw it, because I was watching the sale when you bought it. Not bidding, just watching. :lol: I don't know how these people keep posting these items, apparently e-bay does not pay attention to anything except their fees.

Live to ride, ride to live.

Later 8)
Neither do I ,it's seem's the past 2 Sundays around noon ,I've been coming home from Church,sit down watch some football and turn on my lap top and see "My Trike" for sale :banghead:

and of course contact EBAY with mine and 2or 3 more scams and then have lunch :eat1:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ebay

I will never understand why anyone would by anything from Ebay without touching it first. Now I have a used car for sale, driven by a little old lady as a welcome wagon in a neighborhood that never developed. Low mileage. - - - the ole geezer

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Re: Ebay

Werner said:
I will never understand why anyone would by anything from Ebay without touching it first. Now I have a used car for sale, driven by a little old lady as a welcome wagon in a neighborhood that never developed. Low mileage. - - - the ole geezer
I've bought some big ticket items, including a couple Goldwings, based solely on pictures and descriptions with no problems. Of course, as with anything, one needs to exercise due diligence in their dealings. I confirm that I'm dealing with the owner through BMV records, contact a third party to do a physical inspection and a host of other safeguards.

Those Ebay scams are SOOO easy to spot that I'm amazed anyone falls for them, but I'm sure it happens.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts