GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these pads still among the best pads to put on a wing or are there others that riders like.
Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
IMHO I prefer the OEM pads over the EBC pads. Also the rear OEM pads are thicker than the fronts, but all the EBC pads are the same thickness as the front pads.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Are these pads still among the best pads to put on a wing or are there others that riders like.
Thanks
Ray
Very good question but do expect to get an honest tried and true answer about it from very many people that have made the switch and know...

Ray, wile talking with Mike at Teaxxion last week he told me that they are testing some new HP compound pads that EBC is making for them and so far they are proving to be as good as the Teaxxion HP Vesrah pads were...

They will know more about when they will be able to put them on sale in a few weeks...

No doubt in my mind that the OEM pads are very good or Honda would not have put them on the wing in the first place, but when I'm staking my life on stopping my bike when I'm running heard into a tight curve I want something that will slow me or stop me long before the OEMs will...

Right now I'm running the Teaxxion HP Vesrah pads and they do just that no matter what anyone else says, if they didn't I'd go back to the stock OEMs that I have right here, I never trashed them I just know they will not do what the
Teaxxion HP Vesrahs will do...

If I were riding two up or pulling a loaded trailer or both I'd spend the money and get the most safety I could get...

Ole, you will hear from a lot of people that say the OEMs are as good as anything you can put on the wing, all I can say is I've done both and there's a lot of difference between the two...

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I hope the EBC/Traxxion pads are good. EBC pads have never been too impressive. Hopefully we'll here something soon. Thanks Cardinal.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Very good question but do expect to get an honest tried and true answer about it from very many people that have made the switch and know...

Ray, wile talking with Mike at Teaxxion last week he told me that they are testing some new HP compound pads that EBC is making for them and so far they are proving to be as good as the Teaxxion HP Vesrah pads were...

They will know more about when they will be able to put them on sale in a few weeks...

No doubt in my mind that the OEM pads are very good or Honda would not have put them on the wing in the first place, but when I'm staking my life on stopping my bike when I'm running heard into a tight curve I want something that will slow me or stop me long before the OEMs will...

Right now I'm running the Teaxxion HP Vesrah pads and they do just that no matter what anyone else says, if they didn't I'd go back to the stock OEMs that I have right here, I never trashed them I just know they will not do what the

If I were riding two up or pulling a loaded trailer or both I'd spend the money and get the most safety I could get...

Ole, you will hear from a lot of people that say the OEMs are as good as anything you can put on the wing, all I can say is I've done both and there's a lot of difference between the two...

BINGO :thumbup:SOME SAY OEM IS BEST , BUT HAVE THEY TRIED OTHERS :coffee1:. I HAVE , EBC FOR ME

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Always ran OEM on the Wing but always felt the brakes were lacking.. The EBC pads avail for the wing (back then) were not getting good reviews..

I've always run Vesrah or EBC "EE" compounds on the track..

·
Registered
709 Posts
OEM pads are the best. They last a long time and brake very well.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I've had the best luck with the OEM pads.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Kurt,
I assume you mean both OEM and EBC.

Have any of you tried the Vesrah pads? They are a very competent challenger to your "best" category. If you have tried Vesrah, what didn't you like about them?

Good Luck!
Ron back in post #7, I talked a little bit about the Traxxion HP Vesrah pads, the only thing that could take me away from using them was that they are no longer available for the GL1800... :sad: :sad: :sad:

Vesrah wants over $50,000 for the next order and in today’s economy it is not feasible for Traxxion to set out this much money in hopes that there are enough riders want the best brake pads you can put on a wing...

Especially when you have so many people that don’t have a clue and have never used them saying that the OEMs are just as good... :banghead: :banghead: :trike:

That being said I do have a regular set on Vesrah, EBC and the OEMs that have had a good workout on my little girl and are just about all the same as far as I can tell in ware and stopping power... There just not as good at stopping as the Traxxion HP Vesrah pads are...

These new HP compound EBC pads are something that Max has been working on with EBC to develop for us that demand the best stopping power we can buy... :bow: :yes1: :bow: :yes1:

If the new HP EBC pads are only one half as good as the Traxxion HP Vesrah pads, they’ll still be twice as good as the stock OEM pads...

I don’t claim to be all that good or fast at riding the wing but I do push my little girl into a curve pretty heard and I have to know that when we go into that up and coming curve and when I pull on that brake lever I will get the best stopping power I can get as I’m rolling in that curve... Yes, I did say pull the lever, I never use the foot brake and all of my pads ware equal... Say it ain't so, I'll crash and burn for sure!!!

I hope this information helps some coming from someone that has really tested most of the brakes that are offered for our girls... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

:agree: and thanks for the info Red Bird!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
I have not run EBC pads on the Wing, but I used them on my Magna once and did not like them.

I didn't think the performance was anything special, but more importantly, they squealed from day one, and nothing I did would stop it for more than a couple of weeks. And the brake dust was terrible.

I look at it this way. The Honda pads work, and work well. There are many aftermarket pads out there. But some pad compounds increase rotor wear, and our rotors are not cheap. I won't experiment unless I have a compelling reason to do so. And in this case, there isn't a good reason to. I stick with OEM Honda pads.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts