GL1800Riders Forums banner

EC auxilary amber lights???

782 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  steve s 
#1 ·
Just got the EC aux lights for cowl......... All parts are there and is simple hookups......... My one question is,,,,,,,,,, what is the clear flexible rubber nipple for............. Looks like it goes over the round off and on button, but I dont see any way it fits............ Thanks, Bob

#2 ·
I got the LED ones, and I don't recall a clear plastic nipple. It's not one that covers the wire connections is it? Maybe one fell off or something.

You may hve the higher output versions whichmaybe quite different.

#6 ·
Just installed EC aux amber lights this morning....... very nice fit and look really well........ Install was a breeze,,, nice job Lewis........... Back to the clear rubber piece,,, it is a cover for the push button switch...... guess you could glue or silicone it on to plate for water protection....... That's the only way I see to install....................

I did notice one thing,,,,,,, the panel lights burns constantly, even with button on off position........ no big deal, but I thought they would only burn in the on position....... anyone else notice this.......... Thanks, Bob

#7 ·
I did notice one thing,,,,,,, the panel lights burns constantly, even with button on off position........ no big deal, but I thought they would only burn in the on position....... anyone else notice this...
Yea, I think it's so you can see the button at all times. Guess you just ahve to know that in is ON and out is OFF.

I like that it stays lighted......I guess it's not that hard to see really but the light makes it really easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.