GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent trip, I lost one of my Cowl Light lens guards and I am trying to locate a replacement. The lens guard I am trying to find is one of the old style Electrical Connections guards that came with the Platinum Cowl Lights. The flat lexan guards WITH the tabs, the ones you used to have to drill holes in the cowl to insert the guard tabs. If anyone has any lying around collecting dust, please PM me. I will be more than happy to buy them from you and pay the shipping costs. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Jim,
Are they no longer available? :eek:4: I hope I don't loose one then.
how would I fill that hole?:roll:
thecruiser

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called EC today. Spoke with a nice young lady. After being put on hold, she came back and told me that they were no longer available. Guess I will have to try and fabricate a replacement myself. With the holes already in the cowl, I am sort of stuck. I need to do something.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I called EC today. Spoke with a nice young lady. After being put on hold, she came back and told me that they were no longer available. Guess I will have to try and fabricate a replacement myself. With the holes already in the cowl, I am sort of stuck. I need to do something.
You should be able to make one from the other side.It's just a flipped copy.

I just made a duplicate set of the ones that only use 1 screw to hold them on because they got sandblasted.

Trace/trim/install..:thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I will look as I may have a used one still on my old cowl.
I also lost one and was planning on going chrome anyway so I bought the new style in amber to replace them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was my plan Rocky. Cableman: if you find the used one, let me know. I will be happy to take it off your hands.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BJMax, thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. Back in August, when noone could find any lying in their garages, I bought the Lexan and made a replacement. Again, thanks for the offer. Store them away, maybe someone else can use them in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts