GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fixin to go out to the garage and start installing a set of EC driving lights . My question is what is the preferred way to havae them switched? ON with high beam or low beam or all the time.
Santa brings all the cool stuff but he left it in the box and not on the bike, I'll have to speak with him about that..... as soon as he gets off the computer. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
You should know that some states only allow 4 lights to face forward. When you have the high beams on, that is your 4. With that said, I have mine wired to work all the time if the switch is on. The high beams are so bright if you can see the headlights from the car you are meeting they need to be dimmed anyway. They should not be able to detect 2-4-6 lights were on at that distance. They just know they are meeting something with BRIGHT lights.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
KC - although most states only allow 4 lights up front so you'd be illegal with the brights on and the E.C. driving lights, I'd still say make your E.C. lights independent of your Wing lights so you can have them on with your brights. Sure they're illegal, but occasionally you might find yourself out on some mountain road, traffic is zero, and you need and want all the light you can through out on the road ahead of you.

I have mine setup that way and I can shut off the E.C. lights if I want my brights on to keep legal, but most of the time I just use my brights for that rare time when traffic is light and I want 6 lights pointing forward.

It's your call, but it's nice when you need it and you can be the only one who sees it and oncoming traffic or the law will never know.

DaleC

P.S. I keep my E.C. light on full time anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
driving lights

Has anyone bought the EC plat series with the clear and amber lenses? If so how easy is it to change the lenses? and does the amber work better at night?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts