GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent trip to Moab, Utah I noticed that one of the lenses in my driving lights was cracked. Don't know how it could have cracked with the lense covers installed, but it's cracked.

Question: Can the lense be changed or do I have to replace the whole light assy?

Thanks in avance for your help
Steve

·
Registered
87 Posts
Shoot and email to EC. It depends on the type you have. One of mine is cracked and it requires replacing the housing....somewhere around $40+. Mine isn't letting any water in so I'm just going to wait until i "have" to replace it.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I bought a set of the engine mounted EC lights for my '02 with the rounded lenses that lasted about 25,000 miles (w/o lense protectors) until I totaled the bike.

I bought a set of EC lights (the cheaper set/$100 lower fairing mounted)) for my '03. These had flat lenses and both were cracked in short order. I believe the rounded lenses are much sturdier as I have never used lense protectors and not had a prob with those.

I went back to the engine mounted style (w/rounded lenses) and after 20,000 miles w/o lense protectors they are still going strong. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts