GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new Electrical Connection grip heaters and auxiliary power cable and am salivating to get them installed.

Instructions do not have a schematic and simply say plug this connector to that connector in this location but I would like to have a schematic of the interconnected grip heaters, cables and switch. Anyone have one?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Probably EC has one but whether they will share, I don't know. Besides, why do you have to make this so difficult? Just plug them in, stick them on, and go.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just the PITA way my mind works. I like to have the complete picture in my mind and then dig in. Probably too many years of avionics maintenance has ruined my mind.

I'll just lay it out on the bench, sort it all out, make my own sketch and then do it. When I'm done I'll create my own schematic, take pictures along the way then post it on my website. Can't compare with Fred but I enjoy it that way.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Wow, you're way over my head. I do good just to follow instructions, and that doesn't always work.

I really like your signature line. I copied that once before and have read it several times to try to say it without looking, but, so far I can't. Good luck with your project. Roy

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like your signature line. I copied that once before and have read it several times to try to say it without looking, but, so far I can't. Good luck with your project. Roy
I know what you mean but I've found a way to use it in conversation:

"You're probably one of those politically correct people that think it's possible to pick up a turn by the clean end aren't you?"

You loose the sarcasm which is probably wasted on PC people anyway, but it gets the point across.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts