GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Father's Day I received the EC Ipod controller with handlebar controls.

Where have you mounted the actual Ipod on your setups?

I was going to mount the Ipod in the trunk with the control box, but reading the instructions has me re-thinking that. They mention having to touch the Ipod to wake it up if it goes to sleep. I wanted to install it in the trunk for security, but now I'm thinking about the left pocket instead if I'm going to have to wake it up occassionaly.

Thanks for your help,

Lee

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I have one of those small trunk organizers that mounts to the front of the trunk. I just plop it down into the pouch. I have to wake mine up every day so I wouldn't want it buried

·
Registered
876 Posts
Mine is stored in the trunk with the unit. Any time mine needs a wake up call, I am able to wake it up by changing functions from CD to FM and then back again or I try changing files and that usually wakes it up. YMMV.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies!!:thumbup::thumbup:

That's where I put mine too. I figured if I have problems waking it up I can always run it up to the pocket with the mile of extra cable from EC.

I did test it out and it works great. Unfortunately it showed me that my Sony Explodes speakers must have exploded. The bass was shot.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have to wake mine up now and then, but do so by holding up the tune button for 3-4 seconds and it wakes it up. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts