GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears the power consumption issue has been addressed. TNChalie is doing some riding over the next few days confirming the change does not create any other issues or that we have induced noise. Once its confirmed, we will work with everyone in updating your units.

Thanks for your patience.

Lewis/EC

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Must be nice to have your own 'Dad' R&D your products for you.;););)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hope Bart doesn't see this. I don't think he knows about his half-brother.:shock:

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have one of the units.

Once its confirmed, we will work with everyone in updating your units.
It's nice to hear this from a supplier. Honest and up front. Looking forward to getting mine updated.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thanks for the info Lewis I will be looking forward to the update.

Walt

·
Registered
233 Posts
It appears the power consumption issue has been addressed. TNChalie is doing some riding over the next few days confirming the change does not create any other issues or that we have induced noise. Once its confirmed, we will work with everyone in updating your units.

Lewis/EC
Mine had been on order for a month or so and it was shipped about 4 days ago suppose to arrive tomorrow. Is it one of the ones that had the power comsumption issue fixed? Thanks for the time Lewis

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looking forward to the fix as well. Mine has worked flawlessly so it will be good to get that one issue taken care of;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thank you Louis for the up date. Can't wait for the fix. :bow:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts

Lewis/EC
Thanks, Lewis!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Thanks Lewis! I'm looking forward to adding this to my bike. We'll see!

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
TNChalie is doing some riding over the next few days confirming the change does not create any other issues or that we have induced noise.
You could have at least got someone to test it that actually "rides" their bike! :coffee1:

Must be nice to have your own 'Dad' R&D your products for you.;););)
Hell, if I lived less than a mile away, I'd be happy to R&D for Lewis too! :doorag:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine had been on order for a month or so and it was shipped about 4 days ago suppose to arrive tomorrow. Is it one of the ones that had the power comsumption issue fixed? Thanks for the time Lewis
I'm in the same boat...I just got mine back from having the XM issue fixed a few days ago...I sure hope I do not have to send this thing back in a second time for the power issue!

Lewis...can you confirm this?

·
Registered
778 Posts
anyone know if we are going to have to send the units back to EC to get this corrected ?

JB

·
Registered
869 Posts
bought mine in december.
do i need repairs also.
i probably ride too much to see the battery go dead.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Rule #1, never rush out and buy the first issue. Having done programming there is always one more bug. At least with EC we have a reputable company that stands behind their product. I’ve been waiting for this issue to be corrected, guess I can order now. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Rule #1, never rush out and buy the first issue. Having done programming there is always one more bug. At least with EC we have a reputable company that stands behind their product. I’ve been waiting for this issue to be corrected, guess I can order now. Thanks.
Got mine early, but with Lewis... couldn't have a better supplier...

·
Registered
563 Posts

Lewis/EC
Thanks for the update and hopefully the fix

1 - 20 of 33 Posts