GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the EC Amber Auxilary lights and wondering about covering them with the protective lens covers............. Which looks the best.... Clear or Amber covers????????? Will the amber covers illuminate the bulbs better or worse.......... Curious minds would like to know......... Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I have heard from board members and my buddies....amber is seen the most...remember this is only my opinion...which is always RIGHT!!!...lol :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have also heard that the amber lights are better for others seeing you. I live in Florida and want the brightest white I can get becuase of the critters we have down here.

·
Registered
770 Posts
It is not what looks the best, it is what will help people notice YOU on your Wing while riding, (cagers) a.k.a. cars. Go with the amber covers, I did. Fellow Wingers ask me where I got the amber covers from, I tell them EC and give them the web address.

EZ Reiter

·
Registered
435 Posts
I went with the amber, as they can be seen better by others, and that is the main reason I run with them on all the time.

Here are a couple of pics, to get an idea of how they look installed:

Mike

·
Registered
483 Posts
I also use the amber, I have been told numerous of times by other riders how they stand out. Visibility is what I want to help the cages see me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Amber to be seen. That really is the deal with the foglights. If you are looking for more light on the road check out the PIAA offerings that mount under the fairing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
EC lense covers?

I'd like to know how those EC lense cover stay on with just one screw each???? Or, do I worry too much ...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: EC lense covers?

DomPA894 said:
I'd like to know how those EC lense cover stay on with just one screw each???? Or, do I worry too much ...
Stop worryin'! Fill up the tank, and go!! :biker: :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I didn't mention that mine are not EC but wanted to point out that amber is the best to be seen.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Amber lens

Good to know. I just received my Ion Fog lights from EC. I didn't know that the lens cover color was an option. I guess I'll have to reorder just the covers because I like that option. Terry 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts