GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this belongs on the tech board soooo anyhow..... I just got some ION lights from Electrical Connection. Is it pretty easy install and do I need to remove top shelter to install the switch. I haven't even opened the package yet and already chewing my nails..
And as long as I'm here , how many are planning to go to Americade, and is there a meeting time and place for people on this board to get together at Americade? :?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
ec lights

You do not have to remove the top shelter to install the lights.
you will have to remove the fairing strip on the left side, then the fairing pocket to loosen the black panel where the switch is going to be mounted.
the big pita is lining up the lights, and putting the front cowl on and off a few times to get the job right. I felt good washing allen at tulsa do mine for 50.00. :biker: JD

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You will find the instructions very thorough,with very good pictures.
The shelter does not have to come off.The aiming is the toughest part.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
GP Young - you will find there are a number of potential times and accessories it is nice to have a 24 to 30 inch clothes hanger wire to run your wires under the faring to route your wires. Just unlosen your shelter enough to raise it a couple of inches and you will have enough room to complete your task. Keep your wire as you will find it useful for future such potential tasks down the road too (i.e. XM radio, Gerbing controllers, etc.).

Enjoy your E.C. Ion lights, they are great, but make sure you have the lens guards too.

DaleC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts