1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
22,067 Posts

·
Vendor
22,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like Lewis has now successfully integrated this into the sidestand switch so that you can't put the bike in gear with the parking brake on. Looking forward to trying it out.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I ordered this in August.....

Status says on hold.........assume he is still working on design?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Would be nice if Lewis would give periodic status updates so those of us that ordered aren't sitting in the dark as to status.
I have no issue waiting for a well refined product but some communication would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have to ask...This EC Parking Brake Module....from what I can tell it only flashes the Parking Brake Light on the Dashboard...it does not prevent the bike from shifting into gear...Correct?

If so I have to ask again...if installed how does it help...I still have to look at the dashboard for a light whether it is blinking or not....

What I would like to see form EC is a way to turn off Dashboard Lights...Like the Tire TPMS light...still hoping for that solution...

I had to ask....:shrug:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I have to ask...This EC Parking Brake Module....from what I can tell it only flashes the Parking Brake Light on the Dashboard...it does not prevent the bike from shifting into gear...Correct?

If so I have to ask again...if installed how does it help...I still have to look at the dashboard for a light whether it is blinking or not....

What I would like to see form EC is a way to turn off Dashboard Lights...Like the Tire TPMS light...still hoping for that solution...

I had to ask....:shrug:
Simple......what is way more visible and grabs your attention?
A solid light (along with the rest of the solid lights on the dash) or a light that is rapidly blinking at you?

Sounds like EC may be working on also including side-stand circuitry to prevent riding off with the Parking brake on, according to Fred.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Or you just look down to see if your parking brake is engaged, before you ride off! I do it EVERY time & it’s become habit! Same as my vehicle . . .

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I do not use the parking most of the time as it is not needed. When I do I have been known to leave it on and wonder why the bike is so sluggish. This said I have ordered one of the modules.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Just received an email from Electrical Connection that my order has finally been shipped........was ordered on Aug 26.

There was no indication that it's integrated into the side stand switch to shut the bike down when the parking brake is activated........website does not say anything about this nor does my order/shipping email.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just received an email from Electrical Connection that my order has finally been shipped........was ordered on Aug 26.

There was no indication that it's integrated into the side stand switch to shut the bike down when the parking brake is activated........website does not say anything about this nor does my order/shipping email.
I’m really interested to see what they have come up with.

·
Registered
19,236 Posts
I too seldom use the PARKING BRAKE and feel the little RED LIGHT on the right that illuminates should be sufficient

1 - 20 of 25 Posts