GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to take my '02 out for a 3 hour ride Sunday after the new welds and ECM change. She behaved beautifully and I even did 30 minutes in a parking lot (got some funny looks) at 15 miles an hour. I was trying to see if I could get the temperature gauge to move...nope. It stayed just under the halfway point the whole ride. Overall the bike runs better, espcially in the lower gears and mileage stayed around 42 mpg. What's not to like? Get the welds done if you're in the recall and change out that ECM. You'll be glad you did. :lol:

·
Chard Member
13,225 Posts
Glad you're happy with the ECM exchange. I had mine done friday. I had a chance to ride about 500+miles this past weekend. The only positive thing I have to say about it is that I got my coolant & air filter changed! LOL...

No difference in the way it performs or the fuel mileage. I still have the dead spot in the throttle coming off of idle!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had mine done about a month ago, and just got a chance to really try it out yesterday. I noticed it no longer needs 92 octane fuel. Tried 87, and no knock! I guess I'm a little surprised at this.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I had my ecm changed about 400 miles ago, and it ran great; no hesitation off idle. This past week, it all went back to acting like it did before; hesitation off idle and clunky shifting. Wish they would've made it adjustable fromthe factory. :cry:

·
Registered
21 Posts
ECM

I had my ECM done about 3,500 miles ago. Temp guage never gets over the halfway mark. I have never got really good mileage (38MPG) since I got the bike. I must drive it a tad fast. I've put around 10,000 miles in the first 11 months of ownership and LOVE the bike. I also have an 02 Roadstar Silverado with 8,000 miles on it. The Yamaha is a great bike but I have not driven it much since the 02 Wing arrived on the scene. My wife and I ride the Wing whenever we get the chance and just got back from a quick 1,200 mile trip to Tombstone AZ. The Wing performed flawlessly!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Had ECM changed 1500 miles ago. Bike ran good before change. Noticed no changes since ECM replaced. :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
ECM

Had the ECM changesd a month ago. Mileage dropped from 35 to 32, fuel gauge drops about 1/4' from previous point after shut off. Engine takes a little longer to catch. Called Honda, they say there is no problem. I am very disappointed and disgusted with their response.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Pre-change version or post change version, you have a PM.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
It's a late model ECM, 3rd generation, But I kept my old orignal 2001 and am still running it.

This old thread had a quiver in it and I revived it LOL

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Rob(in S.C.) said:
ECM change - I will ONLY do it if I can keep the old one...possible?
I believe it is possible but my dealer absolutely insisted that Honda had to have the old one back. But, I know some were able to keep them. If you take Tom up on his offer you would have both.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Red said:
KA7W said:
This old thread had a quiver in it and I revived it LOL
Half the people on this thread probably don't even own a 1800 any longer. Some probably don't even ride anymore! LOL.... :?
Yeah, and the other half have a newer Goldwing, and don't have a clue what this is all about (like me!). At least I somehow got lucky enough to notice the date on those posts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts