GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Had my ECM replaced on the 2003ABS wing. Road 100miles to day it seems to be okay. But then again I did not have any real problems before. Jim's Mtcy in Johnson City, TN did the work. The even washed the bike when it was done. Nice mechanics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Took Mine last week to Mountain Adventure(exit 407) severville tn, wanted to get it over with and be ready to ride come spring, also picked up a nail coming out of florida (octoberfest) and had to replace tire that had only 5000 miles on bike. jims is a great shop they do good work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi :)
Had my ECM done about 100 miles ago. Have smelled anti freeze ever since. Dealer says that it is hard not to spill some when doing the upgrade and it will go away. Anybody else heard this or do I have a leak now :?:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Iaron, I have the same issue on mine and unfortunately it only gets worse. My bike started leaked anti-freeze the other day, so I am headed for the dealership tomorrow. I believe they did not tighten the radiator hoses enough when they changed the ECM.

·
Registered
304 Posts
ECM

My 2001 is going in for the "heart transplant" today after work.
I emptied out the trunk, bags, & pockets to not have any temptations when it's parked in waiting at the dealer.

Since the dealer charges $20 for each accessory they must deal with, I removed my switches, taped them together, & tucked them out of the way.
I also didn't want them to be playing with my siren I mounted. It's LOUD!!

I also am looking into a new switch set up to rewire the accessories.
Made by "Pilot"
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PILPLSW16

Not completely decided on it yet.

DangerousDan :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts