GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had their dealer tell them Honda is back ordering the ECM repair kits for the 02 GW? I have been on a list for quite some time and was hoping to have repairs made before April of this year. Fortunately I missed the frame recall.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Toothman,

According to what I have read; The ECM's were in short supply early on but, they are supposed to be readily available now. The wiring harness availability has presented some problems at times but, I believe that is resolved by now.

The dealer that perormed the service on mine had the ECM on hand.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I just dropped my 02 off Tuesday for the 32,000 Service and ECM recall. Dealer indicated they had the harness, but if it needed a head replacement that might take a few days longer. I will see how it goes.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I left mine at the dealer on Monday for the ECM bulletin and a complete new saddlebag/topcase latch mechanism (along with a few other miscellaneous service items).

Yesterday, he told me that nothing was on backorder and everything should arrive this morning.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ECM

I don't have an answer for you, but I do have an '02. What is the ECM? My bike went in for a recall on a part that had something to do with an overheating problem, but I don't remember the name ECM. Please advise. Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
300 Posts
ecm

i had mine done this year and they told me to set up the apointment two weeks ahead of time so that they had plenty of time to get a new ecm and i asked if i could have the old one they said yes i just had to wiat 90 days something about honda taking some back to be checked. i now have my old one also and it did not cost me a dime...

G

·
Re: ECM

insureguy said:
I don't have an answer for you, but I do have an '02. What is the ECM? My bike went in for a recall on a part that had something to do with an overheating problem, but I don't remember the name ECM. Please advise. Thanks, Jon
Hi Jon: Your recall took care of the overheating problem. They replaced the ECM and possibly a cylinder head. The ECM is the Electronic Control Module. It controls the fuel injection, ignition advance, and several other things. Your cars have ECM's also. You are Golden...Go riding!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts