GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a call today from a honda dealer that i bought three bikes from, but not my new goldwing. they offered to roll down 60 miles and pick mine up , do the ecm and wire harness and drop it back off.

how much easier can it get.

so i gave in and am going to risk haveing someone touch my otherwise running great bike. i know lots of folks have it done and theres no ill effects, but then someothers had different results.

keeping my fingers crossed

loren

·
Registered
267 Posts
Loren, ask them for your old ECM just in case.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Loren-

Had my ECM swapped out last week. The only difference I can see is a slight loss of pep under 2000rpm. The temp gauge behaves differently, but you haven't had yours long enough to know how it behaves now.

I waited on getting it done until I needed new coolant. ;)

·
Registered
810 Posts
ECM Upgrade

I've heard quite a few people tell me that their bike seems slower after the ECM upgrade. I actually think that some people perceived this and other's are expecting it when they get their bike, but that's only my opinion.

I had my ECM changed out, frame inspected, wiring harness checked, temp gauges repaired, everything. I thought my bike was faster when I got it out, but that's me.

Then again, it is Silver.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with only 700 miles on the bike and all of them were done during poor weather. the temp gauge never got over half.

this shop has done a couple hundred, so they claim.

i have all your names whom said to do it, so if it goes bad, look out.

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
loren said:
i have all your names whom said to do it, so if it goes bad, look out.
That's fine. I know what you look like, so I'll be on guard. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts