GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my ECM update completed. I noticed what most noticed an increase in idle when first starting. I will watch gas mileage. Are there anyother things I should look for seeing as they had to tear the bike apart for the install?

Also got a quote on tires from the dealer and there price was about $45 more thatn HDL(which I expected). The dealer stated there would be a warranty problem if anything went wrong with the tires. Has anyone else heard of this situation? They will charge me 52 front and 58 rear to install. The cost if I purchase from them is 41 front and 48 rear. I think I will wait for a HDL sale and purchase my tires and see if there is a dealer that will install the tires for less.

Any Wisconsin riders know of a cheaper price?

THANKS

Winger53213

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just ordered a set of 'stones from Hal. $296.80 delivered. (free shipping) A local shop (NOT Honda) will install the rubber and balance both wheels for about $35.
Remember, Hal's prices ARE everybody elses "sale" prices. :D

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Many Auto Tire shops can mount the rear for you if they have modern equipment. The only hangup is that most can't balance it but you can if you have the right tools on hand or see if HDL has it.

For the front you will be best off to have a good M/C shop do it if you can't.

In either case take of the wheels yourself and save some $$$. The local M/C Dealer will R&R + Balance any tire I carry in for about $26, not too bad a deal.

For future use I just bought a Tire Machine for home use from Harbor Freight. It will get some use when my spare front wheel gets here then I can mount my summer tires on spare wheels. It's close to the time to get the Blizzack off the back too.

Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts