GL1800Riders Forums banner

101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep Six Speed More of a curiosity like the folks trying to figure out what the top speed is and after all the Flash is a performance upgrade
I dyno all my bikes and makes runs if I can , I don't see much merit in that fellow that posted up a 90 sumpin HP dyno run that has my curiosity
I just looked and the speedway south of me is open for test and tune May 7 good things happening around here with openings .
Would love to see a video of that DCT at the 1/4 talking some fast shifting !

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was out today for a nice 3 hour ride and I tried again. I was going over a bridge that separates York and Lancaster counties and 110 is all she will do with the flash. I have the airbag model. I won't be outrunning any Harley's lol

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
110 is all she will do with the flash.
Wow. I did 110 2-up with a 24" F4 in the top position and my ECU is not flashed. Perhaps something got dorked up in the flash. Doubtful, if the other options work, but you never know.

·
Vendor
21,578 Posts
Welcome here capt. If you are going to dyno your wing I hope you have the manual trans because the DCT's can't be run on a dyno because of Honda software.

Don and I both are now able to put the DCT on a dyno. I'm currently doing more testing now. I suspect Don will put a DCT on his dyno very soon to do some more tuning on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fred, having read through this entire thread I see top speed and full throttle explanations but did not see anything related to gas mileage and how that is affected. Does the flash increase or decrease the current gas mileage of the bike? Realizing that a flash is going to cause many more full throttle "What'll She Do" pulls that won't help gas mileage is there any benefit to increased gas mileage from normal riding? I have been pretty impressed with this new Wings gas mileage and would not want to decrease that at all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yep Six Speed More of a curiosity like the folks trying to figure out what the top speed is and after all the Flash is a performance upgrade
I dyno all my bikes and makes runs if I can , I don't see much merit in that fellow that posted up a 90 sumpin HP dyno run that has my curiosity
I just looked and the speedway south of me is open for test and tune May 7 good things happening around here with openings .
Would love to see a video of that DCT at the 1/4 talking some fast shifting !
Thanks for the reply capt, I am chomping at the bit to get back to the drag strips for all three of my motorcycles and my 2016 Z06 Corvette. Going to be a problem here in Ky though as they have no plans to ease restrictions soon on public gatherings.

Don and I both are now able to put the DCT on a dyno. I'm currently doing more testing now. I suspect Don will put a DCT on his dyno very soon to do some more tuning on it.
Thanks for that info Fred. I talked to Don when he was doing my flash and asked him about trans tuning on the DCT. I would really like to see him match the DCT shift points to the 650 higher RPM limits he put in my flash. I am not looking for huge increases in performance but would like to see a good 10 HP increase if he can get it on the DCT whether with the stock exhaust or the soon to be released Two Bros exhaust. I was told by the owner of Revzilla that Two Bros delayed release to make the exhaust somewhat quieter which is fine with me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great, how did your bike feel during the 128? I got mine to the Honda limit 110 and the bike felt solid. It would not go beyond the 110mph (three attempts), even though I had the flash. My ECU is now with Guhl to see what's going on with it. Looking forward to having it back and having 110 plus available when I need it. Anyway, it's given me a chance to check on the front brakes as many are talking about pad wear. Glad I did. The right side was ok but the left interior pad was about gone. The right side interior was worn more but not as bad as the left interior. Well ordered new set of pads, Oil, and rear pads for service later. Thanks, for the update! By the way, did you have more left beyond the 128 or did you hit the wall at that speed?
Let me know what he finds. I have the exact same problem and just haven't had the time to tear it back out of there again. I have too many other irons in the fire. I've just spent the past few months ticked off that I wasted money. In fairness, he's hard to contact and I've been extremely busy. (I work in a hospital....)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had three tries with WS-down no go past 110......I'll try again when it gets here and hopefully, it will boogie on past the 110! I also added the rev 500 above the current OEM, opted to get the cooling fans to kick on earlier, Tour mode more gusto (which I had on initial order), and tamer Sport mode lower speeds (also had that done on initial order).
This...I put the windshield full-down. I even tucked. I tried multiple times, on multiple days and in multiple directions. I can't get past the 108-110 and it de-fuels coming to that speed. It basically gets to that speed part way through fifth gear and just up-shifts...period.
I really want to know what you find on this one. I paid good money and huge shipping fees.

·
Vendor
21,578 Posts
This...I put the windshield full-down. I even tucked. I tried multiple times, on multiple days and in multiple directions. I can't get past the 108-110 and it de-fuels coming to that speed. It basically gets to that speed part way through fifth gear and just up-shifts...period.
I really want to know what you find on this one. I paid good money and huge shipping fees.
Max, we are aware of your issue and are trying to understand why your paticular bike is having this issue. I spent a couple hours today trying to duplicate your results and I'm not able to. There could be something in the code that was missed, but Don and I don't understand why it is only affecting some bikes and not others. Please be patient, I'm sure Don will figure it out and will get you fixed up.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Max, try turning off Traction Control.
I will give that a try.
I actually had that thought the other day, but now I will follow-through.

BTW, when I first reinstalled the ECU in my bike it had a ton of codes. I thought there were at least four codes, but it was making me batty trying to count them. I ended up resetting them and marching forward.
I mention this in case it is a clue. I didn't think much of it at the time. Also, I never turned the bike on with the ECU out...I thought that would be bad Ju-Ju.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Fred hey can you tell me at what RPM the torque starts to fall on the dyno , mine is a standard 6 speed , I gather from scuttlebutt the flash adds 500 RPM overall
and wondering if it's still pulling with that 500 increase Thank you

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Cap, I can tell you that with the rpm raised, the bike will go into the red line FAST, and it will keep pulling HARD! With the Guhl reflash, Sport mode makes the bike accelerate VERY fast! Hang on & enjoy the ride! :p

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Follow up comments on my reflashed-reflashed ECU due to not being able to get over the 110 OEM limiter after having the Guhl reflash. Well, even dealing with a windy day on the Parkway and against a headwind here is the deal on my run after reinstalling the ECU.
I did as @Fred H. suggested to another forum @maxthrust; lower the windshield to the lowest setting (I did), disengage the Traction Control (I did), use sport mode (I did).

I am very happy to report that I pushed up til 127 and it had more to go, but I didn't due to the traffic increase since Florida has eased restrictions and, many more cars are out including FHP.
Next opportunity I will try it in tour mode with and without traction control. So far looks like Don had taken care of the issue I had with the 1st reflash!:cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Follow up comments on my reflashed-reflashed ECU due to not being able to get over the 110 OEM limiter after having the Guhl reflash. Well, even dealing with a windy day on the Parkway and against a headwind here is the deal on my run after reinstalling the ECU.
I did as @Fred H. suggested to another forum @maxthrust; lower the windshield to the lowest setting (I did), disengage the Traction Control (I did), use sport mode (I did).

I am very happy to report that I pushed up til 127 and it had more to go, but I didn't due to the traffic increase since Florida has eased restrictions and, many more cars are out including FHP.
Next opportunity I will try it in tour mode with and without traction control. So far looks like Don had taken care of the issue I had with the 1st reflash!:cool:
I am waiting for the opportunity to try with traction control turned off and ensuring the windshield is really all the way down. If I don't have to pull the ECU and mail it off, I would be much happier. I paid stupid money to mail it the first time.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I am waiting for the opportunity to try with traction control turned off and ensuring the windshield is really all the way down. If I don't have to pull the ECU and mail it off, I would be much happier. I paid stupid money to mail it the first time.
I hear ya, I'm just so happy that I know it's there and ready if and when I need it! Do keep us informed @maxthrust on your findings.

·
Love The DCT
11,454 Posts
Thanks Fred hey can you tell me at what RPM the torque starts to fall on the dyno , mine is a standard 6 speed , I gather from scuttlebutt the flash adds 500 RPM overall
and wondering if it's still pulling with that 500 increase Thank you
For comparison, here is Cycleworld’s dyno test of a 2018 6 speed, no ECU reflash.

101 - 120 of 171 Posts