GL1800Riders Forums banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea I have seen that and not quite sure on where that bike was even set in tour mode perhaps wish that had added what they did with that run
Whats the best way to get to Don the Flash guy I am ready to get this done if he is I don't want to go make a run without the flash it would suck to hit the wall before ya cross the line it's a big deal ride down get set up bring the leathers I want to be fully prepared

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Yea I have seen that and not quite sure on where that bike was even set in tour mode perhaps wish that had added what they did with that run
Whats the best way to get to Don the Flash guy I am ready to get this done if he is I don't want to go make a run without the flash it would suck to hit the wall before ya cross the line it's a big deal ride down get set up bring the leathers I want to be fully prepared
English Please. 😂 😂 😂

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok no jive hitting the wall is the rev limiter or in stock six gen form the top speed limiter and crossing the line is the trap or end of the 1/4 mile I revert back to my old forum sometimes SOP over there

Thank you Fred I reached out to him couple days ago but have not heard back yet but fully aware of the impact small businesses are going thru and confident he will get back in gear here soon , I am heading over to sign up for Vimeo to visit and go shopping as soon as I can confirm with him that he can get it done you working out the efficient method
of ECU removal sounds just right as well as the other tips and techniques I followed your video for FOB programming this past weekend I had to hold down the saddlebag button for some seconds to get the audible needed but didn't give up and it works great now Thank you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You obviously ain't from Dixie that's how it's done down here southern blend works with whisky and paragraph sentences stick around I can teach you
50 Canadian ? Actually my laptops key pad is working poorly "f" period and a couple other need a double tap that I miss about half the time .

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok no jive hitting the wall is the rev limiter or in stock six gen form the top speed limiter and crossing the line is the trap or end of the 1/4 mile I revert back to my old forum sometimes SOP over there

Thank you Fred I reached out to him couple days ago but have not heard back yet but fully aware of the impact small businesses are going thru and confident he will get back in gear here soon , I am heading over to sign up for Vimeo to visit and go shopping as soon as I can confirm with him that he can get it done you working out the efficient method
of ECU removal sounds just right as well as the other tips and techniques I followed your video for FOB programming this past weekend I had to hold down the saddlebag button for some seconds to get the audible needed but didn't give up and it works great now Thank you.
Capt, Don is sometimes hard to reach directly. Last I heard he is working alone at his shop because of the virus.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does the reflash change the shift points any on the DCT?
No it doesn't at least on the current Guhl flash. If you go to manual shifting on the DCT you can take advantage of the higher RPM limit. I would like to see full throttle upshifts in auto DCT mode to be increased to take advantage of the increased RPM limiter sometime in the future.

·
Registered
113 Posts
He's in Ephrata Pensylvania
Fred I hit the wall at 110 today with the flash. Shield all the way down, sport mode, traction control off, flat road. This is the first time this has happened on my 2019 DCT after the reflash. I saw 125 on a previous run, same settings and road. Wonder if I should pull the ECU & send it back for Don to check? The speed limiter delete was the main reason I had it flashed. I was going to do it in the late fall cause I asked for the stick mode to be deleted from my flash but it arrived with this enabled (stays in last mode on restart)>

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got mine back last week and had to wait on my seat to be shipped back. I rode 206 miles and I really like the adjustments on the tour and sport mode. I was smiling all day long.

·
Vendor
21,578 Posts
Fred I hit the wall at 110 today with the flash. Shield all the way down, sport mode, traction control off, flat road. This is the first time this has happened on my 2019 DCT after the reflash. I saw 125 on a previous run, same settings and road. Wonder if I should pull the ECU & send it back for Don to check? The speed limiter delete was the main reason I had it flashed. I was going to do it in the late fall cause I asked for the stick mode to be deleted from my flash but it arrived with this enabled (stays in last mode on restart)>
You should give Don a call and let him know this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You should give Don a call and let him know this.
I turned traction control off the other day and still can't get past 112 mph. Everything works with the exception of the limiter. Still satisfied but it would have been nice

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
@Hammer1 You might try reaching Don on Facebook as well.

121 - 140 of 171 Posts