GL1800Riders Forums banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Your post seems to indicate that you are doing this on a public highway. I sincerely hope you don't hurt or kill someone, with this unsafe practice.
Yeah, because there are no empty sections of road anywhere in the US.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh I'm sorry, I guess the fact that roads are empty in some spots makes it ok to exceed 100mph on public highways. I see now, thanks for enlightening me! smh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don and I are still trying to understand why the speed limiter is still active on some bikes, but not on others. It seems to only impact DCT bikes.

When the speed is being limited, what gear are you in, and is the transmission in full auto or manual mode? Try it in manual mode and drop down to 6th gear and see if that helps.
I am another with the limiter problem and I've posted earlier on this issue in this thread. I was asked to try traction control and windshield. I did and no change.
Depending on road and weather conditions the bike falls flat on its face between 108 and 112 indicated. This might have something to do with prevailing winds and road conditions. I rode 2300 miles Saturday, Sunday and Monday and gave it many, many tries. It will not go beyond the limiter in any configuration on any road.
The only reason I purchased the re-flash is for the limit removal. Nothing else matters to me.
I've tried numerous times to contact Guhl Motors. I've grown a bit frustrated. I know he does good work, but a reasonable person might become concerned.
I'm willing to work with him, but have to have a response to do so.
Fred, what do you suggest? I have other bikes and can be without my ECU for a bit, but that is becoming a huge leap of faith. (Not to mention paying customer rates for sending it to him...it was insane.)
No answer, ever, is frustrating, even if intentions are good.

·
Vendor
21,574 Posts
Max, I understand your frustration, I have a hard time reaching him as well, and sometimes have to try again the next day. I suspect he is just swamped right now. I know he is still investigating the limiter issue, and sooner or later he will get it figured out. If I were you, I'd just wait a bit and see what he finds. I know he is in the process of looking at some other areas of the code. Hopefully we'll have some good news on this topic soon.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am another with the limiter problem and I've posted earlier on this issue in this thread. I was asked to try traction control and windshield. I did and no change.
Depending on road and weather conditions the bike falls flat on its face between 108 and 112 indicated. This might have something to do with prevailing winds and road conditions. I rode 2300 miles Saturday, Sunday and Monday and gave it many, many tries. It will not go beyond the limiter in any configuration on any road.
The only reason I purchased the re-flash is for the limit removal. Nothing else matters to me.
I've tried numerous times to contact Guhl Motors. I've grown a bit frustrated. I know he does good work, but a reasonable person might become concerned.
I'm willing to work with him, but have to have a response to do so.
Fred, what do you suggest? I have other bikes and can be without my ECU for a bit, but that is becoming a huge leap of faith. (Not to mention paying customer rates for sending it to him...it was insane.)
No answer, ever, is frustrating, even if intentions are good.
I would be frustrated also Maxthrust. I’m just wondering if it has something to do with the date of manufacture? Maybe a different firmware version? My bike is around #2500 of 2018. Also when did you have yours reflashed? I had mine done in February of this year.
I had no problem getting over 120mph whereas before the reflash it would start bucking around 105 mph and topped out right around 110 or so.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yeah, because there are no empty sections of road anywhere in the US.
Surely you’re wearing a protective mask while doing all this crazy 100 mph stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Max, I understand your frustration, I have a hard time reaching him as well, and sometimes have to try again the next day. I suspect he is just swamped right now. I know he is still investigating the limiter issue, and sooner or later he will get it figured out. If I were you, I'd just wait a bit and see what he finds. I know he is in the process of looking at some other areas of the code. Hopefully we'll have some good news on this topic soon.
Fred,
Thank you....
I am willing to wait for a solution.
In the meantime, I paid for something I don't have...
Just saying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my ECU reflashed in late April. A proper test was conducted and the speed limiter is gone. I had all the options programmed in and am very happy with the results.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts