GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone use this tour company?
I had been planning on riding from Massachusetts to the Grand Canyon on my Wing next year, but my wife is not interested in being on the bike that long. We considered having her fly our to Denver or Utah and I would meet her there as I drove cross country, but That would mean that I would be taking about 2 weeks of vacation without my co-pilot.
Friends of our did a trip in Italy with Edelweiss Tours and had a wonderful experience and so we checked out their tour to the Grand Canyon. It is a bit expensive, but so would riding out there and then doing the sightseeing. They also take care of a good portion of the meals and all the hotel accommodations.
I am thinking that I would rent a BMW R1200RT with top case, saddle bags and back rest for my wife.
If anyone has taken this tour I would appreciate your thoughts, seems like a good compromise and the opportunity to see some of this great country that I have always wanted to see.
Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind! Just found out that the cost of $ 3,580 was per person :eek:4: That dos not include airfare and some meals.

Looks like I am back to riding out and meeting my wife or we fly out and rent a bike there on our own.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Why not rent a 'Wing in Vegas and you can fly out together? Have a good time in Vegas and hit the road from there. Cheaper and probably more fun than the $3500 alternative.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi White Wing,
That is just what I am looking into on the Web right now. Just trying to decide if I want to take my bike or rent out there. I am sure either way it will be great.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts