GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the problems that I am experiencing with the built in GPS on the 2014 Wing is when I use trip planner to do a route I have to put in some waypoints to get the route to go the way that I want it to go and then while traveling I will miss some waypoint for some reason such as road turn into gravel or for some reason I decided to go off and come back in past a way point.
Instead of just recalculating it thinks that I need to go back to that way point. What is the best way to correct this when it happens?
Second question I have noticed that I get routes that want me to turn on "off road" which go nowhere and have no road. I assume this has something to do with getting waypoints a little off the road when I put them in on trip planner. I try to enlarge screen as much as possible when I am putting in waypoints to try to keep this from happening. Any suggestions?
Last question is there a way to search for POI such as motel in a different town then where you are when you are currently running a route?
Trying to get ready for a long ride out to Colorado and figure this stuff out beforehand. Thanks for help.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Instead of just recalculating it thinks that I need to go back to that way point. What is the best way to correct this when it happens?
Understand that you've asked the GPS to route you to a very specific point, by requesting a waypoint at the location chosen. It simply has no means of understanding that you're 'good enough', and that the route could continue without you going by the waypoint.

The only two solutions I know of: continue existing route; eventually GPS will figure out that you're not following the route and will continue - eventually. The other is kill the routing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts