GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: Does anyone out there use an EdSet 2G with their GL1800.
I'm considering purchasing a two but am not sure what all to order. Also considering the 3G but the price is double.
Does it fit entirely inside the helmet lining? My helmet has a removable lining so maybe the 2G would fit better than the 3G. Is there anything additional I should order with the 2G like plug adapter? I'm not wild about the velcro on the 3G
If you order a 3G looks like everything is included for a Wing but not so clear if you're ordering a 2G.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I bought my 2G headsets used, but I'm pretty sure they come with everything you need. You can call, or email, Ed at Edsets and he can tell you what you need. I got the 2G because the 3G gets in the way of my helmet operation (Symax II). You just need to make sure you have a good surface inside the helmet to mount the connector. The only difference is how the connector is mounted.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My 2G setup came with everything I needed. If you have questions about it, call Ed or email him - he answered all my questions before I bought. He also took care of a small problem afterwards - great service.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Comes with everthing you need. Installs totally inside the helmit. I did have to do a little triming with a razor inside my HJC-AC-3s to get a good surface for the tape pads. Sound quality is far better than the J&M junk we had before. Only had one problem in two years and Ed sent me the upgraded parts for both helmits not just the broken one, no hassle,no charge. ED stands behind his product. Only thing we noticed was you want to use them as pairs. When we use our spare helmit that still has the J&M headset, I can't hear it without turning the volume way up. Yes, we love our edSets. JMHO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Prepare ship for ludicrous speed ------ Dark Helmit

Harvey
DS#30

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:shock:I've got HJC-AC3's too. What exactly did you have to trim? The ear padding comes out and helmet surface looks flat? How well did the mic boom fit behind the ear pad? Was there much of a gap between the ear pad and helmet?
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I've got two helmets with the 2g setup in them.. I do not use a mic, only the speakers for listening to the GPS and radar detector

:yes1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts