GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have bought the Edsets and use the 3/4 (open faced) helmets, and have previously ran another brand of headset, how is the sound quality? I'm specifically interested in the wind noise and clarity of the sound from your stereo and passenger, compared to "the other brand".

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I had them in a KBC Tourcom. Edset speakers have to be pretty much dead on the ear canal to hear them well. I used velcro on the speakers and helmet to easily move them around for the best placement. Once I found that spot they were great. Better than the J&Ms I have in the helmet before changing to the Edsets. 3/4 helmets are far quieter than modular or full face. I have two modulars and both are a lot more noisy than the 3/4.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just installed the EdSets in my HJC-FS 3. I have not had it out on interstate speeds yet, but they worked really well in the short trip I did take it on. Took a little bit of modifying the interior of the helmet with the dremel tool, to make for a comfortable fit without losing the fit of the helmet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts