GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a Vega Summit Flip Front helmet from Hal. Very happy with the helmet. I contacted Ed Davis about getting a set of EdSet headsets for it.
Turned out I had to go to Dayton on business, so Ed made arrangements to get together, and we (he) installed the headsets in the helmet. First, I was very impressed with the quality of his workmanship. Have spent many years in electronics industry, big and small. His is among the best I've seen.
But, most of all, he is a very decent person that happens to be in a business that fits in great with our hobby. (His also,by the way)
I am looking forward to getting home to Texas and trying these out.
I'll post feedback on their performance, but judging by my face to face dealing with Ed, I'm already sold.
Normal disclaimer: (Unsolicited feedback, with no connections to this business)
Howard

·
Registered
263 Posts
never met ed but my experience was very good to. The sets work great and fit good too. ***** I give the product and company 5 stars.

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
WHEWWWWWWWWWWW! I was afraid for a moment that Ed's sets were prone to undesirable acoustic or electronic "feedback"! "Feedback" can be a rather nasty demond in some electroacoustic equipment. Glad to hear your feedback may be a more positibe "note".

prs

·
Registered
250 Posts
Best investment I have made in a very long time. Top quality product and a top quality man to deal with. You can't go wrong with Ed or his products. The cost is fair and the product is great.

And the standard disclaimers apply, Ed is not my dad but boy do I wish he was!

N

·
0 Posts
Please do post your feedback. Would you also tell us a bit about your other experience to serve as a frame of reference?
Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Made it home for a day this week. Couldn't wait so plugged the helmet into the bike. Sound wasn't very strong, with volume at 18-20. But, I remembered something Ed had said about the ear pieces. They need to be close to the ears,and I found they were offset about an inch. I moved them to be next to the ears, and they sound GREAT!!!
Can't wait to get home and do some serious testing. I'll post the next test as soon as I can.
Howard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts