GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the J&M bluetooth all in one setup to use my IPhone4 etc. I have an old J&M headset, the base model with the tinny speakers, which I removed long ago and replaced with some headphone speakers. I have been happy with it, but I rarely use the microphone so I didn't realize how lacking it was until I tried to use it to make a call.

So, I now want to replace it with the EdSet 3G unit, mainly because I want the option for ear buds on the helmet, and I would like to get some input on which microphone to get. I will be using an open face helmet. I have read some comments about the external mic falling out of the RCA jack, so I am considering the inside mount.

Also, will I be able to run down the road and be able to talk on the phone with the EdSet mic? I old J&M was impossible to use, I could hear alright but on the receiving end it was not good, in fact unusable, no matter what adjustment was made to the intercom mute.

Regarding the J&M setup, I did find it interesting that by streaming music from my IPhone4 via bluetooth, it was louder and much better quality than the cable hookup produced, I really didn't expect that to be the case.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If the boom mic isn't seated in the 3G "module" properly, I can see where it could fall out. But the connection at the RCA plug is keyed and when properly installed is very secure, almost difficult to remove. I would go with the RCA Mic for the 3G as the wires on the tab mount are not as robust and a potential point of failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts