GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new EdSets 3G and they Rock! Very quality equipment and the sound is fantastic. I have J&M Elite in another helmet and have no problem with them just never liked the "Clampless" attachment. I think the EdSets are going to be a great addition to the wing. Oh They are installed in an HJC IS-33 helmet. :doorag:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm going to install speakers in the same helmet as you did (HJC IS-33). I was looking at the speaker holes and see that a piece of fabric is over the speaker hole. The helmet Shop said to mount the speaker under the piece of cloth instead of removing the cloth. Which way did you do it.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have the same helmets and the Edsets 3G. On my trip up to Ga for Wingstock, I had to stop along side the road and remove the speakers from the helmet as they were pressing on my ears and causing great pain. They sounded great though! I had them mounted between the cloth and the helmet, using the speaker pouches. I may try to do it again without the pouches and see how that works.

John

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have the EdSets G-3 model with the speaker mounted on top of the cloth and have absoutly no problem with ear pressure.
I have a HJC IS MAX. No doubt the size of your ears have a lot to do with how speakers fit. I would say I have a regular size ear...whatever that is:shrug:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed them behind the cover at first but not trying the speakers on top of the fabric, i.e. speaker between ear and helmet. I know head size can affect how it is placed but the fabric muffled the speakers too much. Once you get them aligned with your ears they sound fantastic.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ed sets

I have 2 scorpion helmets with Edsets. Half and open faced. Speaker pressure hurt my ears so I went with earfuze earbuds plugged in to the back of the Edsets. Great sound and can still hear what's going on around me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love my edsets that I have installed on my evoline helmet. Great sound and great fit!

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts