GL1800Riders Forums banner

If you had to do it over, would you buy another EdSet?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried Chatterbox, & J&M, now I'm going to try EdSets. I've done a lot of searching, & the overwhelming responce is way up there, for EdSets. If they're half as good as everyone says they are, then I should be able to hear everything better, & clearer. Are there any who have/had them, & don't like Edsets? Thanks in advance, for your comments.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have J&M and Edsets too.I like the edsets better.The only problem is if you have the Big Bike Parts volume control switch for the passenger.you have to do some stretching to make the Edsets connector fit. :D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Verdayne,

When you receive them, connect them together and plug them into your bike. You can leave the mic off, unless you have three hands. <G> Set your radio to about 6-8 then hold the speakers gently against your ears. Now you will know what they sound like. They should sound even better when you get them properly aligned in your helmet.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
my Edsets work great. I use them all the time...

the other day I used the regular speakers since my wife was on the bike. I discovered the rear speakers are junk again. Tough to find a long lasting 4 inch speaker that is worth the damn.

8)

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony in AZ said:
my Edsets work great. I use them all the time...

the other day I used the regular speakers since my wife was on the bike. I discovered the rear speakers are junk again. Tough to find a long lasting 4 inch speaker that is worth the damn.

8)
Don't know which speakers you have, but I had Polk speakers from E.C. on our 05. They sounded pretty good.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
A little blunt reality here Verdayne. . . . . . .

Some things we can contribute to old age can't be corrected completely by technology.

Bradford

·
Registered
298 Posts
Excellent customer service and a very good product. I just ordered and installed an additional set of the new speakers in a new helmet. They work great.

Billy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just installed a set with the upgraded speakers last week. Sound great, going to order the upgraded speakers for my wifes helmet. Good service, ordered on a tuesday and received them on friday.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
[quote="Tony in AZ":17dn967n]my Edsets work great. I use them all the time...

8)
Don't know which speakers you have, but I had Polk speakers from E.C. on our 05. They sounded pretty good.[/quote:17dn967n]

My Polks from Lewis/EC lasted about 1.5 year. They separated around the outer edge . I glued them back together with silicone, never sounded the same.

I believe I have Pioneer speakers in the back at the moment... soon to be something different

8)

C

·
0 Posts
I have 2 edsets and I'm ordering another tomorrow for a new helmet I just purchased.

Can't say enough good things about Ed's quality, service and friendly advice each and every time I have a question.

I also have the Spacestation he designed and sells. it works great as a platform to mount my Iway 500c and Roady2.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT PRODUCTS AND SERVICE ED!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts