GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the preferences here lean towards? Plan to purchase one of these and wondered what set seems to be the most popular and trouble free, with best listening and talking capabilities. Harry

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have to go with the Edsets @ www.edsets.com Great equipment and I have the Challenger (M) custom ear plugs. External noise down by 25+ dB and the volume selected at 3 for highway speeds. Ed is just great and he will stand by his items and infact installed my purchase into a Schuberth C-2 for a very reasonable fee.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I don't have experience with Airrider but like AgFox, I am very happy with my EdSets. They had some growing pains with some of the mechanical stuff but he stood behind his product and fixed the problems willingly, even out of warranty. Can't say enough good things about a manufacturer who does that!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Edsets,but have had two sets of Airriders.Both of them after a while started to pick up some electrical interference,mainly from the stereo_On the other hand,my wife has had hers for more than four years.She says she doesn't have any problem in hers. It may be because she hasn't used hers as much as mine,or maybe she doesn't recognize it when he hears it.
Neither of mine did it when they were new,but started a year or so later.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I see that the Edsets are a little lower priced, which is always a plus. Harry

2,732 Posts
We've got Air Riders..

We've got the Air Riders and love them. Bought them when we got new flip front Schuberth helmets in 2001. We've used them with the portable amplifier (attached to my belt) while renting BMW's in Europe touring the Alps and on the Dancer for 5 years. Love them and the service department at Air Rider is second to none. We have had AAA response with any questions and on a free replacement cord when one broke on us.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Harry,
I've got the Air Riders and I wouldn't but tham again. I also have them in the Nolan helmets and wouldn't buy them again either! Too noisy!

Bash.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have had all three, J&M , Ed Sets. and currently Air Rider factory fit into a Nolan helmet, not one was any better than the other for sound quality, But!!!!!!!! j&m has the better, heavier , cord between the bike and the helmet, they last two to one over the other brands, but this would not stop from using the other brands, cords are not that expensive, and are just casualties of the wear and tear of a lot of riding.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
The Edsets have just started using new speakers that have more base and mid response. that should help. I think we're getting those for Christmas!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Had AirRider, now have EdSets. Much prefer the EdSets for better quality and sound. The boom mic on the AirRider is attached to the L ear speaker, and if you move the boom mic to adjust it, it can move the L ear speaker. My boom mic eventually fatigued and broke (not that I moved it around that much) and my wife's AirRider headset lost the sound in one of the speakers after only 6 months of limited use. I like the modular concept of the EdSets, and he did the install on my Caberg Justimo flip-front helmet for free - he's a good guy.

Ed W.
Universal City, TX
'02 silver GL1800 & N-Line trailer

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As to you folks that answered my post, seems as though the Edsets are the only ones that no one has had any complaints about. I am leaning more to them now than I was before. May just have to give Ed a call and place an order. Thanks Harry

·
Registered
696 Posts
headsets

edsets

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never heard of them Bo, they got a website? harry

·
Registered
261 Posts
There is a MAJOR difference between the edsets and the standard J&M. The edsets (or any other headset) has to be placed properly in order for them to work properly. My edset speakers rest on my ears it's like being in a concert hall. PLUS the volume is maxed at 13 for me @ 70 + MPH. Over that and my ears will bleed. I love the edsets and ed is a super man to do business with!

FF

·
Registered
68 Posts
Harry said:
Never heard of them Bo, they got a website? harry
Harry look at the AGFOX post I gave youthe web site for both EDSETS and Challenger ear plugs. Unlike Fastfreddie my vol is 3 at 70 MPH

·
Registered
751 Posts
Edset vs Air rider

I have both. The Air riders are in my helmet and the Edset are in the passenger helmet.....If my Air Rider were to stop working I would replace them with a Edset...........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts