GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched this guy run the Dragon on a GSXR600 and now I want one.

(Of course, most of that riding could have been done just as easily on the Wing.)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Havent seen that block before

·
Vendor
18,113 Posts
I hear the fastest rider up there runs it on a 1000cc, and he runs it on m/c tires.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Ho hum. What a self-centered boor. And boring.

A "I am the center of the universe and just oh so cool" type.

Turn the camera around and show the scenery.

There's more to the world than you.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ho hum. What a self-centered boor. And boring.

A "I am the center of the universe and just oh so cool" type.

Turn the camera around and show the scenery.

There's more to the world than you.
I totally agree. I don't get it. Who cares whether you can run the Dragon in 11 minutes, 12 minutes or 2 hours?? And putting others at risk when you do it. If you feel the need to ride like that, go to a track where the only one that gets injured will be YOU.

·
Vendor
18,113 Posts
The one in the video, Jared Barns, I think is the fastest. His lines are smooth, he uses the whole road, doesn't run a car tire, and knows how to twist a grip. There's suppose to be a local who rides a 1000cc also who's considered just as fast.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Bunch of A holes.
They make race tracks.
More fun, faster and a lot less dangerous for everyone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Irresponsible!

Completely irresponsible riding like that on a public road, especially given how many times he crossed the yellow line. Take that to the track where it belongs!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I don't get it the guy is obviously a talented rider why does he waste his time on a public road not to mention the danger factor for the public :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I just watched this guy run the Dragon on a GSXR600 and now I want one.

(Of course, most of that riding could have been done just as easily on the Wing.)

Of course. At lower speeds. <g>

I've ridden the dragon on 4 different brands/types of motorcycles. Each was fun. In all cases I maintained lane discipline.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Worst. Camera. Angle. EVER. LOL

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Of All The Nerve!

For these people to be towing their boats, Harley riders or other cars to be lollygagging around while I am attempting a speed record on The Dragon!! What's happening to our highways anyway? Anyone doing the speed limit or sightseeing should be BANNED from this road when I am around, I tell ya......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts