GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all seen that yellow Gold Wing blasting along the Dragon. Well, here is a pretty fast ride by someone on a blue Electra Glide.

You can see the leisurely acceleration compared to a Wing, but I like it that the H-D rider in this video was willing to throw that hog around. I like it that he keeps his straight away speeds reasonable, and that he responds (at least a little) to oncoming traffic. Personally, I thought he got into a habit of hugging the center line, then having to react to on-coming traffic. I saw some in-appropriate counter leaning and think that perhaps the rider's vision was a bit low, but to me, he looked nice a smooth and controlled.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Somebody should teach that guy how to ride and he needs to learn the road better.

That is the exact type of rider we find off the road in a bad way. Scary when you think about it.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
He's a pretty good rider from the looks of it. He never crossed the centerline or went outside the fogline that I could see. Neat to see a good rider smoothly take the Dragon and tame it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
There's an accident waiting to happen. Body positioning all wrong just waiting to auger a hard part into the tarmac. Still, I enjoyed the video. Thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Who cares! I thought this was the Gold Wing forum................

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
He's a pretty good rider from the looks of it. He never crossed the centerline or went outside the fogline that I could see. Neat to see a good rider smoothly take the Dragon and tame it.
HUH?!?

Are you not watching the same video I am watching? Blowing a few corners, wrong body positioning, wandering all over the place, bad lines.... I could go on and I am sure YW will have something to say too.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Who cares! I thought this was the Gold Wing forum................
If you don't like it, then leave. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Nice attitude there blento. Riders like you give the rest of us a bad name.

Most of us can appreciate ANY motorcycle running twisties, even if the rider's skill isn't where it should be. Perhaps you will find your holier than thou view fits in better with the BWM crowd.

Harley riders face the same risks and perills any other motorcycle rider faces. What makes you think you are better than a guy, who you do not know, enjoying HIS ride? Heck, he may very well have a goldwing too. Back your jets down.

oh wait, nevermind... I just noticed you've been a troll since 2006. My bad

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
With all the faults he probably rode the tail better than I have.
Albiet only twice.

What I would like to see is someone drag out an old Vespa 50 cc Super Americia and attack the tail.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I agree but find it a little funny that he can not read since I saw quite a few 30 mph speed limit signs, and it did not look like anywhere near L&P to me. Oh yea I guess I do forget and go what feels good on the wing and not the signs. What I would like to see is a nice close up of one of the darksiders without a mudflap make the same run and look close at the rear wheel. My ride is just fine but can not see my own back tire....

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Somebody should teach that guy how to ride and he needs to learn the road better.

That is the exact type of rider we find off the road in a bad way. Scary when you think about it.

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts

He crossed the yellow line right at the beginning (0:10). He was at the wrong entry point for many of his turns. He hit the apex way too early on most of them. He swung way too far wide on some. And he was bouncing side to side in corners trying to find the right lean angle.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
What I would like to see is someone drag out an old Vespa 50 cc Super Americia and attack the tail.
sorry --- this is the best I could find on sort notice --- BTW, pay close attention to the dragon pics and the titles he laid over the pics... priceless!

Now if you want to see 50cc motorcycles on the gap --- here is a night run... they actually caught up with a cage at the end of the video... LOVE IT!!

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,477 Posts
If he keeps hugging/hanging over the yellow line around blind curves, he's going to become a statistic no matter what he's riding. :eek:4:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

Not to mension improper body position in the curves.

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
Looks like a guy who has practiced his errors for quite some time. I'm sure that I have too many well practiced bad habits too. Realizing that, I have made an effort to slow myself to a pace more in line with my skill set. Too old to heal properly and too stuborn to wear adequate gear.

prs

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Another wanna-be racer. He should have gone professional. I'm sure he would have given Casey a run for his money. Marquez beware. :lol:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts