GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a ride out of state yesterday, pulled up to the front of a convenience store.
The older gentleman sitting there at a table wanted to know if my bike was electric.
He said it was so quiet he thought it was.:smile2:
I told him no it wasn't, and I love the silence, he agreed, the "other" bikes are too loud.:grin2:

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
This one of the reasons we buy Honda.........Smooth & Quiet!

Ronnie

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
The wife and I were at a rest area once and were getting our helmets and jackets on to leave. There was an older gentleman and a young girl I presumed to be his grand daughter. He was chatting about with us about the bike while we were gearing up.
The wife and I saddled up and I saw both he and his little girl cover their ears. The wife and I just laughed and rode away in silence.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Hhhhmmmmm

Now that's funny.
I was stopped at a traffic light and a fellow pulls up beside me and asks "How can that MC hold itself upright?" I said, "with my leg and foot on the other side of the bike." He thought I was just being held up by some gyro of sorts....could it be this new GL1833 really looks that futuristic? Things that make you go hhhhhmmmmmm>:)

Reactions: INTHEWIND and moh58

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Went on a ride out of state yesterday, pulled up to the front of a convenience store.
The older gentleman sitting there at a table wanted to know if my bike was electric.
He said it was so quiet he thought it was.:smile2:
I told him no it wasn't, and I love the silence, he agreed, the "other" bikes are too loud.:grin2:

He didn't hear the drone???...............:joke:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts