GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Hotwired jacket and pants.
If I wear another layer, like a light down jacket, should I wear it under or over the electric jacket?
E.G., between shirt and electric jacket, or between electric jacket and riding jacket?
I can see arguments both ways.

· Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
10,230 Posts
I wear a long sleeve pull over shirt with a dicky type collar to go around my neck...then the electric liner...then my riding jacket.

For the extreme cold, I might add another pull over like a sweat shirt over the electric liner... then my riding jacket...but most of the time the extra pull over is not needed with the electric liner.

· Registered
1,797 Posts
Down jacket over the electric jacket to hold the heat in. Putting the down jacket under the electric one would keep the heat out.
Wearing electric jacket under down jacket will cause you to sweat and get you electrocuted...🫣 just kidding...😁

Wow, why so much layers? Unless you're riding in sub-zero temperature, just a heated jacket/vest and winter coat should suffice?

I wear snow/ski jacket with fleece lining, thermo underwear under my jeans down to @24 degrees. I do opt to wear Gerbing heated gloves to keep my finger tips from getting numb.

Heated grips don't do nothing to my finger tips to keep them warm enough.

· Registered
1,234 Posts
We wear our Frogg Toggs over heated jacket since we have them along anyhow. That way there isn't an extra piece of clothing to store when we take them off. We don't have heated pants but the Frogg Toggs pants over the top of heavy jeans really help.

Reactions: JoeHall

· Registered
2,160 Posts
In 30s-40s temps, I wear a tank top t'shirt, then a regular t'shirt, then the heated jacket, then rain jacket, then leather jacket. In rain, I wear the rain jacket over top of the leather jacket. I also wear a Polartec neck gator. If 50-60, and no rain, I do not wear the rain jacket or neck gator.

I also wear heated pants, over a Klime base layer, and beneath Darien pants. Agree with others, never wear heated gear directly on the skin, but use something light in between.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts