GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the EC 4 channel amp a year ago for my previous 1800. It never got installed - the bike was wiped out while parked. I've misplaced the installation instructions. Anyone have a copy?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Heres a quick run down. The speaker harness has four zones of wires, #1,2,3,4. Sitting on the bike, #1 is front left, #2 is front right, #3 is rear left, #4 is rear right. Each harness wire set is four wires, red (input +), black (input -), white (+ to speaker), Green (- to speaker). The honda speaker wire white will connect to the red harness, and the honda speaker wire black to black (?). The amp power has three screws, positive power, R for remote will need positive power, and negative for ground. Now you got me looking for my paperwork, it was around here. This is from the wiring diagram I drew up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EC Amp

GLO3 thanks... need the information on the large "noise - whine" supressor. That's the thing I'm least knowledgeable about.

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Re: EC Amp

WingAway said:
GLO3 thanks... need the information on the large "noise - whine" supressor. That's the thing I'm least knowledgeable about.

Appreciate the help.
I went down to my local CB and Car Stereo shop, (Big D's in Norman, Oklahoma) and he ordered an amp for me that turned out to be the same one that Electrical Connection was selling at one time. (Sound Storm F100.4) I fabricated my own wiring harness using 2 pair speaker wire (found at Home Depot), used Pioneer TS-1347 speakers (WalMart), connected the main power to the positive battery terminal and the low power wire that turns the unit off/on with the ignition switch to the bikes accessory terminal. I did not use a noise suppressor and do not have any whine at all. You may consider skipping that step and adding it in later if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts